First Night Done Right?

We did the FNDR when it was brand new last December on the Liberty. When we boarded we went to Chops to make our reservation there. Booked the promotion again for our May cruise...it's a great deal at Chop ($15pp vs $35pp).

Apparently on Oasis class it is either Giovanni's or Sabor......?

On our January 2017 Oasis cruise we did Chops the first night. We had been told by some cruisers on our roll call who cruised early on when the promotion began that they got some push back. They were told the First Night Dine Right fee would be applied as OBC and they would have to pay the regular fee. :confused: Just plain weird. Not at all the way it was stated in the promo.

Fast forward to our cruise, and we stopped into Chops once we were on board. Could not have been easier to book. Wait staff was wonderful, as was the food. We commented that any meal after that would be downhill. :) Not sure if they've limited which specialty restaurants this promo may be used.

Thanks everyone for helping us out on this. We actually wanted Giovanni's as we all have dined at Chops on half a dozen occasions. My sister & nephew have not had the pleasure of dining at Giovanni's....yet.

Our cruise is during the first week of June. Hopefully there are still decent dining times left. Do they let you know when you make your online reservation in the cruise planner for FNDR if your chosen dining time is full and all they have left are the 8:00 to 9:30 seating's?

Thanks everyone for helping us out on this. We actually wanted Giovanni's as we all have dined at Chops on half a dozen occasions. My sister & nephew have not had the pleasure of dining at Giovanni's....yet.

Our cruise is during the first week of June. Hopefully there are still decent dining times left. Do they let you know when you make your online reservation in the cruise planner for FNDR if your chosen dining time is full and all they have left are the 8:00 to 9:30 seating's?

You get to pick the time when you purchase the package.

It's been a while since I have sailed RCI, and the "booking things ahead of time" is new to me.

My sailing still doesn't let you book dining, I assume we're too far out from our sail date. Approximately when does this open up?

It's been a while since I have sailed RCI, and the "booking things ahead of time" is new to me.

My sailing still doesn't let you book dining, I assume we're too far out from our sail date. Approximately when does this open up?

Unfortunately, there's no "approximately". Could open over 120 days out or under 90 days. Keep checking.

We purchased this package prior to our Oasis sailing in February. As soon as we boarded the ship, we headed over to a table that was set up for the purpose of hawking reservations at the specialty restaurants. I told the attendant we had the FNDR package, and gave him our cabin number. It was easy to get a reservation for 150 Central Park, and I got the impression it would have been no problem to get one for any of the other restaurants. We had a great meal at 150 Central Park, and then told the server we had the FNDR package. When she brought the bill, there was no charge, but we did leave her a nice tip as the service was excellent. The restaurant had many open tables, but that could have been due to the early time we selected.

David & Jo Ann

I haven't seen an option to purchase FNDR on Indy for my cruise in a week from now. Am I missing something or has it just not been offered? TIA

Apparently it is only offered on some ships or some sailings? I see it on one of my sailings on one ship but not on another sailing on a different ship and they are only 1 week apart so shouldn't be a "too soon" issue.

Apparently it is only offered on some ships or some sailings? I see it on one of my sailings on one ship but not on another sailing on a different ship and they are only 1 week apart so shouldn't be a "too soon" issue.

The option has now disappeared from the one booking that is was on just a little earlier today.