Live Music?

Doc2725

We are thinking about taking a 9 night cruise aboard the Equinox this December. One of our favorite things to do on cruise ships both before and after dinner is listen to the live music in the bars/lounges (not the big shows in the theater.)

My questions here are-- how prevalent is the live music in bars/lounges at night? Do most bars have a band/musician after dinner? And typically, how late does it go (12-1 AM?)

Thank you!

We listened to a string duo, guitarist, the show band, etc...there is music being played in numerous venues during the evening. The show band played swing music, big band, samba and passengers were dancing in the atrium. This was on Reflection a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In the evenings starting at about 10:30 there is usually a dj or house band in the Sky Lounge or Quasar night club. Not sure how long they played. Before dinner you can find music in atrium or ensemble lounge. Jazz, classical or solo guitarist. Dancing in atrium with house band after dinner in the atrium. At least that's what was offered on our Equinox cruise 2 weeks ago. There was also a pool party at least one evening

On Reflection at Christmas, there was a house band playing a little bit of everything, but definitely some pretty decent rock, in the Atrium. I think that shut down around midnight.

I suspect the exact type of music depends a lot on the band, which will vary from cruise to cruise.

Is there music until around midnight in the other bars, or just the atrium?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm pretty sure there is, but on our last cruise (first with X) we found a band we liked in a forum we liked and listened when they were playing. When they weren't, we moved on or called it a night.