How Private are the Balconies?

IBRelaxin2

How private are the Balconies on the Triumph, we'll be in room #1006 which is the most forward balcony port side on the Panorama deck. It looks like there is a small public deck infront of our room... so how private is this balcony, would someone have to really try to be able to view our balcony/window into room or is it mostly private?

At 2 or 3am in the morning it is *very* private ;) Yeah...whatever...

Our Aft *extended* cabin (off the back of the ship) on the Legend (cabin #5268) wasn't all that private, but people kept to themselves and we didnt notice them much. Note that the back of the ship angles down from the top, so it's a bit easier to see in from above.

Our friends had an extended balcony on the side of the ship (Upper deck #5) near the front, and when they leaned on the railing, I could see them from the Lido deck (#9), so I'd call them semi-private.

Hope this helps.

People would really have to lean out to look into your room. However the balcony is semi private there is a white opaque pannel between your balcony and the public space. There is a flap thingy sorat a a view obstructer that sticks out like a flap on the uprigths of all the balconies to prevent the casual observers from looking in.

Hope that helps :) remember we wre in that room last cruise. you can pretty much do whatever you want on the balcony just keep one eye open.

Cuban cigars, drinks,strip poker, nookie may be a bit difficult to keep private but.....sometimes you get points for degrees of difficulty :)

see ya soon!!

Visually they are semi-private, acoustically they are NOT. And make sure the cabin door is fully shut before opening the balcony door. It WILL pull open. Luckily no one was in the hallway or they would have gotten an eyefull.

Dave

http://community.webshots.com/photo/505434131/506674385KzEpXS

As you can see there is a public deck in front - someone "could" lean around and take a look at your balcony, also there is enough space for someone to stand on something and look over the dividers or they could just lean around the divider.

So are we going to read a great story about you from another CC'er on your ship ;)

Don't forget the bridge crew. If you can see the bridge, they can see you and thensome. I have been on the bridge of several ships, and I can assure you that they have a great view from the bridge overhangs like those on the Spirit and Conquest classes right down into the balconies all along both sides of the ship. However, when I asked the bridge crew to reveal some of their "better" sightings, they acted like real officers and gentlemen by just smiling and not saying anything. I did notice a pair of binoculars resting on the window ledge.

The attached picture was taken from the bridge of the Pride and it should give you an idea of what they can see. I was standing about in the middle of the wing windows so if I was all the way at the end, more could have been seen.

P9180256a.JPG.6c0a86101644331f453f49c7e1a41015.JPG

How private are the Balconies on the Triumph, we'll be in room #1006 which is the most forward balcony port side on the Panorama deck. It looks like there is a small public deck infront of our room... so how private is this balcony, would someone have to really try to be able to view our balcony/window into room or is it mostly private?

Let me tell you about our experience on the Glory last November, couple in the room next to us were newlyweds and liked to leave their curtains open and lights on, we on the other hand like to do the opposite because everything that goes on in your room can be seen in the plexiglass on your balcony and I mean everything - remember I said they were newlyweds.

Archived