Thermal Suite & Internet Package Question

Upper Deck Dad

My reservation is several months away and the prices for these items is not showing up yet, I am on the NCL Pearl.

Does anyone know what the cost is for Mandarin Spa (mostly interested in the Thermal Suite) and what the Internet Package on board costs, What does the on board package include.

Is the internet package worth it or is it just as easy to wait until we dock and catch up with family at that time,

Also, they have a 3 dinner Specialty Dining pkg I am looking into during our 7 night cruise, I would assume you pick 3 of their 5 specialty restaurants, I don't think that can be done until 90 days out. That might be something we would be interested in, A few nights during the week might be nice to indulge a little better than the main dining rooms, They do have the price of that already listed.

You won't be able to book most of the on ship options (restaurant, shows, Thermal Spa Pass) until you are 90 days (non-Haven) and 100 days (Haven). Currently the Thermal Spa pass is 179 (booked online) or 199 (booked on ship).

Internet Packages: https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/internet-packages

Thanks for the information. The $29.95 is strictly for Internet, not texting and only for one device, correct? Could you make WiFi phone calls if you got this package?

For the spa pass, if my spouse and I are getting a pass for each of us, would we be able to use the services together or are there separate areas for men and woman. Would this spa tend to be more crowded because it's not a warm climate to begin with.

Thermal Suite on the Pearl (for women)- on the women only side- sauna (only timer on the far right of the door works FYI), steam room, cold plunge pool, individual hot tub/bathtub/Jacuzzi thing, rain showers, about 5 lounge chairs looking out the front, broken TV stuck on the cartoon channel (maybe they fixed that in dry dock?). In the Co-ed section- about 10 single loungers lined up in front of the window, 2 couples loungers on the ends, a therolasspay (spell) pool with waterfalls and those amazing bubble chairs, a hot tub that is difficult to get into if you are short FYI, complimentary fruit water and hot tea, and those amazing ceramic loungers that feel like your whole body is hugged in by a hot stone massage.

I would imagine the men's side mirrors the women's side. Pricing seems to run online about $20 a day. Book ahead of time, especially in a colder location. I lived in the thermal suite!!!!

Thanks for the information. The $29.95 is strictly for Internet, not texting and only for one device, correct? Could you make WiFi phone calls if you got this package?

For the spa pass, if my spouse and I are getting a pass for each of us, would we be able to use the services together or are there separate areas for men and woman. Would this spa tend to be more crowded because it's not a warm climate to begin with.

Your phone would be on airplane mode with wifi turned on. To make calls, you would be able to do so with apps like Skype. Texting via imessage would be included since those are done using data. To text non-iphone folks, you would have to use alternative texting apps.

Thanks for the information. The $29.95 is strictly for Internet, not texting and only for one device, correct? Could you make WiFi phone calls if you got this package?.

$29.95 is for unlimited internet for the entire duration of the cruise (i.e., you have to pay 29.95*7 days on a 7 day cruise). You get full access to internet. You can use multiple devices, but only one device at a time can be logged onto the internet. You can "text" using initernet-bsed texting like iMessage. Texting that uses your phone's SMS is charge in accordance with your telephone carrier's rates for ships.

On smaller ships like the Pearl, we have found that the current internet service (post-upgrade) is sufficient for voice-based calls such as FaceTime voice and Sype voice. NCL is rolling out a new tiered service with streaming as a specific tier (about $200 per week).

Most newer phones have wi-fi calling enabled. Put your phone in airplane mode, turn on wi-fi, and there's a setting to turn on wi-fi calling. Phone calls and texting then work via your internet connection. Worked perfect back in January when DH and I were at a resort in Jamaica for a week.