Audio Tour at Uffizi Museum

Wisconsin Travelers

• 2 weeks later...
Based on CC recommendations we have decided to visit the Uffizi on our own. Booking online seems straightforward, but I can't figure out how to also reserve audio tours. Is this something easily handled at the museum, or is there a way to do it ahead of time?

Thanks.

You can't reserve the audio guides online - you get them at the museum ... very easy.

we just used Rick Steves audio podcast - if you get his app and load it on your phone and play when you get there. Note sometimes the exhibits have moved. I have written about our experience at the Ufizi last year http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.ca/2016/11/a-full-day-in-florence.html

Great log post! Thank you. We have a half day private tour scheduled for the morning in Florence. We lan to visit the Acadamie to see he David and a tour of :"the Monuments".:confused: Besides the Uffizi what else do you recommend we see in the afternoon?

We will be in Tuscany post-cruise for 5 nights at a countryside villa. We plan to dedicate one day to Florence and the rest touring the local area, so we will not be in a hurry to get back to a ship. We will have a car, parked just outside of town and then walk into the city with our guide. Places to have lunch and dinner in the historic area would be appreciated.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Great log post! Thank you. We have a half day private tour scheduled for the morning in Florence. We lan to visit the Acadamie to see he David and a tour of :"the Monuments".:confused: Besides the Uffizi what else do you recommend we see in the afternoon?

We will be in Tuscany post-cruise for 5 nights at a countryside villa. We plan to dedicate one day to Florence and the rest touring the local area, so we will not be in a hurry to get back to a ship. We will have a car, parked just outside of town and then walk into the city with our guide. Places to have lunch and dinner in the historic area would be appreciated.

WE really enjoyed the market, and we also did a walking tour that was quite enjoyable. We fell in love with a restaurant in Florence that I mention in my blog. If you click on the label section in my blog and select Florence it will pull up all blogs that mention Florence.

WE really enjoyed the market, and we also did a walking tour that was quite enjoyable. We fell in love with a restaurant in Florence that I mention in my blog. If you click on the label section in my blog and select Florence it will pull up all blogs that mention Florence.

Thanks! I will check it out.