Kids attire for MDR & Coastal Kitchen?

Starting to pack for our upcoming cruise on Allure and running into some questions about my kids clothing for dinner in the MDR and Coastal Kitchen.

DD (11) will have on a dress every night. However, she often likes to wear a jean jacket with the dress as she's always cold. Is this acceptable? Would it matter if the jean jacket was white vs blue? I'm planning to bring a sweater as well for her but I know she would prefer the jacket.

DS (8) will have khaki shorts or other nice shorts to wear with polos or short sleeve button down shirts. Are shorts acceptable for young boys? I plan to have him wear khaki pants with a dress shirt and tie for the formal nights.

Thank you for any advice or recommendations!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Starting to pack for our upcoming cruise on Allure and running into some questions about my kids clothing for dinner in the MDR and Coastal Kitchen.

DD (11) will have on a dress every night. However, she often likes to wear a jean jacket with the dress as she's always cold. Is this acceptable? Would it matter if the jean jacket was white vs blue? I'm planning to bring a sweater as well for her but I know she would prefer the jacket.

DS (8) will have khaki shorts or other nice shorts to wear with polos or short sleeve button down shirts. Are shorts acceptable for young boys? I plan to have him wear khaki pants with a dress shirt and tie for the formal nights.

No dress code is enforced anymore, you and your kids can wear whatever they like.

I think your son is young enough. When mine was younger he was allowed to wear nice golf shorts with a golf shirt. No gym style shorts, and not on formal night for us. Now that he's older (13) he packs a couple of pairs of khakis and we match with nice T's, polos and shirt/tie depending on the 'suggested attire'.

You might get some looks, but really dress is all over the place. We did an overnight in FL one time where my MIL was staying on land, but my FIL was coming with... She hung his suit, and it never came with us. What do you do? He was in the MDR with shorts, a polo and a bow-tie ;p

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All OK for your children. Whatever Jean jacket she likes is perfect

have a great cruise