How much do cigarettes cost to buy?

Thanks so much for answering! Do you happen to know how many cartons per person/per cabin they allow you to get on the boat? You'd think i'd be able to wait 17 days to find this out on my own...but alas, im antsy lol

I believe it is 200 cigarettes (one carton) per adult. St. Thomas rules are different; however. So, you need to check the rules for which ports you visit (and, I believe, different rules apply to those returning to Canada/etc.).

I know I usually buy a carton onboard for the week. Then, may get one to bring home either on the ship or, depending on port stops, a reputable place in St. Thomas, etc.

Hope this helps.

I believe it is 200 cigarettes (one carton) per adult. St. Thomas rules are different; however. So, you need to check the rules for which ports you visit (and, I believe, different rules apply to those returning to Canada/etc.).

I know I usually buy a carton onboard for the week. Then, may get one to bring home either on the ship or, depending on port stops, a reputable place in St. Thomas, etc.

Hope this helps.

It does....thanks so much! i appreciate your help!

Hope this helps.

The limits apply to what you can bring back into the USA, not what you can buy. You don't have to declare any cigarettes that you bought and smoked while on the ship, only the ones you are bringing home.

Thanks so much for answering! Do you happen to know how many cartons per person/per cabin they allow you to get on the boat? You'd think i'd be able to wait 17 days to find this out on my own...but alas, im antsy lol

I don't think there is any limit to how much you can buy. Couple of years ago on Breakaway the store run out of Capri 120's the second day of the cruise. Store attendant told me that one person bought their entire inventory of this brand as soon as stores opened after boarding. I have bought five cartons once, no issues. The issue is bringing it back to US upon disembarkation (but I have traveled with company of non-smokers who were willing to claim my extra cartons).

I don't think there is any limit to how much you can buy. Couple of years ago on Breakaway the store run out of Capri 120's the second day of the cruise. Store attendant told me that one person bought their entire inventory of this brand as soon as stores opened after boarding. I have bought five cartons once, no issues. The issue is bringing it back to US upon disembarkation (but I have traveled with company of non-smokers who were willing to claim my extra cartons).

Thanks for the reply....so its basically sounding like one carton per person to not get hassled by customs getting off the boat? Doing the NE/Canada cruise from Boston...so no tropical islands involved. Really just trying to figure ahead of time if i can buy extra for friends at home from the boat for cheap or should we just keep it simple and get a carton each for my husband to take home for himself.

I know that they had Salem Lights, Salem, Benson & Hedges, Marlboro, One brand of Newports...can't remember what it was...but remember, it can depend on the ship too...different brands, different ships...they had Camels on one ship.

I normally buy 1 carton when I get on, and then go on the island to see if I can get something cheaper. Now I know the ship will do a price match for liquor if you find something cheaper on the islands (well some RCCL ships do). I bought White Hennesey on the ship...and found it cheaper on one of the islands. I took my receipt back to the ship and they credited me the difference. Not sure if that works on Cigs though.

You can bring back 5 cartons of cigarettes...I think that is total...whether you get them on the ship or on the islands. Some island stores will negotiate....give it a try. I got 2 cartons of Salem Lights for $20...they were selling them 2 for $35.

A friend of mine told me it's a little known fact about buying cigarettes in different ports . . . The ship and St. Thomas - on the side of the carton it says "made in Richmond, Va" but in Cozumel or many other islands the carton says they are produced in other countries. He's seen the cartons labeled "made in Australia" and other places outside of the U.S. From what I've heard those are not what people are use to and are different.

A friend of mine told me it's a little known fact about buying cigarettes in different ports . . . The ship and St. Thomas - on the side of the carton it says "made in Richmond, Va" but in Cozumel or many other islands the carton says they are produced in other countries. He's seen the cartons labeled "made in Australia" and other places outside of the U.S. From what I've heard those are not what people are use to and are different.

You beat me to it. Yes, they are different, that's why the lower prices.