Renewal of Vows -- is it private, or a group? What to wear?

VennDiagram

Our were held in the Piano Bar on both Westerdam in March 2013 (DW's 65th birthday) with Captain Rens Van Eerten (toot toot!) and Zuiderdam in May 2015 (40th wedding anniv) with Captain Chris Turner.

.Thanks for all the good comments. It is inspiring! ..does anyone happen to know if you can choose to have your Pinnacle celebration dinner any night you wish?

Yes you can.

When you board there will be a form letter in your stateroom which says ........

"Dear Mr & Mrs............

We are delighted that you will be joining our Renewal of Vows Ceremony during your cruise vacation on board the ms Xxxxxxxxx

para 2(a) An invitation will be delivered to your stateroom prior to the event. If you wish to invite any guests to the ceremony, please be advised that there is a nominal fee. Culinary Art Center Host xxxx will contact you today to discuss detail of your Renewal of Vows.

OR ALTERNATIVE PARAGRAPH 2

para 2(b) The ceremony is scheduled to take place on xxxday Month and date, at 7.15 pm in the Piano Bar on Deck 2. An invitation will be delivered to your stateroom prior to the event. If you wish to invite any guests to the ceremony, please be advised that there will be a nominal fee.

On the day of the occasion, a member of our event staff will greet you at the entrance and will guide you through the entire event.

Captain xxxxxxxxxxx will preside over the Renewal ceremony. Each couple will be called forward, and asked to exchange vows. Captain xxxxxxx will present you with a Renewal of Vows certificate. At the end of the ceremony, photos will be taken and delivered to your stateroom along with a photo album at the end of the cruise.

To celebrate this special occasion, a dinner for two at the Pinnacle Grill is included. Please contact our Pinnacle Grill Manager xxxxxxxxxx by dialling 98 to make a reservation.

We would like to extend our best wishes for many more wonderful years together.

Best Regards

xxxxxxx Guest Relations Manager

The alternative paragraph is used when the date has already been fixed.

I hope this is useful to you and that you can follow it!

We are taking a family cruise to Alaska in September celebrating my parents' 50th. A not so subtle hint to my Father would be a great surprise for my Mother. How do you go about signing up or "ordering" this. I have never seen it offered.

Thanks!

We are doing this in September as well on our cruise to Mexico (it's a surprise for DW). You can order the ROV package via your online HAL account. The package is now $142.40/couple (which is still a bargain in our book based on what you get), and includes dinner for two in the PG. And yes, you can dine in PG any evening you wish, depending on availability. The package can be found under 'Cruise Activities, 'Gifts and Indulgences'. Additional attendees other than the renewing couple cost extra. I didn't check on how much extra because in our case it will be just the two of us.

After reading all the reviews on this, I'm really excited about surprising DW with this package!

We are taking a family cruise to Alaska in September celebrating my parents' 50th. A not so subtle hint to my Father would be a great surprise for my Mother. How do you go about signing up or "ordering" this. I have never seen it offered.

Thanks!

If you have access to your online booking on the HAL website (booking number etc) then you can do it there, otherwise you can phone HAL and do it on the phone. An email confirmation is sent to whoever is the main contact for the booking, so if that is your mother then it may spoil the surprise.