Any innoculations needed for visiting?

evoni

I have to give the standard "your doctor should advise you" suggestion, but here's a link to a recent thread on this subject: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=183166&highlight=hepatitis. The diptheria is a combo with tetanus, and I personally think everyone should have that other than those with health problems preventing immunization. Some of these shots we got because they're recommended for many other countries that we visit. I choose to err on the side of caution on health issues, but you'll need to check with your doctor to see what's best for you.

Have a great trip,

Donna

I agree about the standard advice.

FWIW, what I always say on these threads is that my travel clinic recommends that I don't even travel as far as my office without typhoid, polio, tetanus and hepatitis A protection. In the UK, diphtheria basically gets thrown in as a freebie with the typhoid and polio as it's now a triple jab. And the most common extra recommendation (although not requirement) for travel Russia is diphtheria. So if you get all of those, you're set for travel to most places around the world.

Archived