Questions regarding NCL Amtrak discount code to Vancouver for Alaska cruise

wilsonhold

We booked our Sun Alaska cruise that leaves Vancouver Monday June 25 2018.. and are considering using Amtrak empire builder/cascade line to arrive to the port of Vancouver.

NCL discount rules states you must arrive at port at least one day prior to cruise..We could work that out. But does anyone know if you allowed stops overs on the way to the final port and still receive the discount for the complete entire train trip?

We could leave Chicago on a Thursday that would arrive Seattle Saturday.. stay overnight in Seattle Saturday. and arrive Vancouver Sunday.. has anyone tried this?

Also any idea on when ncl 2018 Amtrak codes are typically posted?? Amtrak allows reservations to be made 11 months out.. so not sure when the 2018 codes will be made available?

We booked our Sun Alaska cruise that leaves Vancouver Monday June 25 2018.. and are considering using Amtrak empire builder/cascade line to arrive to the port of Vancouver.

NCL discount rules states you must arrive at port at least one day prior to cruise..We could work that out. But does anyone know if you allowed stops overs on the way to the final port and still receive the discount for the complete entire train trip?

We could leave Chicago on a Thursday that would arrive Seattle Saturday.. stay overnight in Seattle Saturday. and arrive Vancouver Sunday.. has anyone tried this?

Also any idea on when ncl 2018 Amtrak codes are typically posted?? Amtrak allows reservations to be made 11 months out.. so not sure when the 2018 codes will be made available?

Where did you find information on this?

You won't be able to use it to Vancouver because the Amtrak cascades service north of the border is considered joint Amtrak/via service. I have tried with AAA discounts before and it's given me that error.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You won't be able to use it to Vancouver because the Amtrak cascades service north of the border is considered joint Amtrak/via service. I have tried with AAA discounts before and it's given me that error.

Thanks shadowmeboy. Disappointed. Despite not be able to get this discount.. did you use the AAA discount instead? And enjoyed yourself? Or decided to make alternative arrangements?

Thanks shadowmeboy. Disappointed. Despite not be able to get this discount.. did you use the AAA discount instead? And enjoyed yourself? Or decided to make alternative arrangements?

No, as I was saying I couldn't use the AAA discount due to having the same terms and conditions of Canadian travel as the NCL discount. We were able to get the saver fare though.

We always enjoy cruises. Any day at Sea is better than one on land! I live in the Pacific Northwest so Amtrak is convenient!

• 7 months later...
...any idea on when ncl 2018 Amtrak codes are typically posted?? Amtrak allows reservations to be made 11 months out.. so not sure when the 2018 codes will be made available?

As of today, both the 2017 and 2018 Amtrak discount codes are posted on https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/amtrak

There are two "NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE AMTRAK DISCOUNT 2017" sections on the page, but the second section appears to be mislabeled and instead provides the 2018 discount code.

We flew to Seattle for a few days then took train to Vancouver. Views on the train ride were nice. We had to catch a cab from train station to port, worked out fine. We were able to use our Amtrak miles for a free trip to Vancouver.