11:00am flight out of Ft Laud on Disembarkation day, who has done it successfully?

wildabouttheworld

Next flight after 11 is 3:30. Did not want to hang in airport all that time. Princess website says you can go to pursers desk day before disembarkation and inform them of flights before 11 and they will get you off the ship early. I know they dont recommend booking outbound flights before noon, but if that is true, why do they recommend you tell them if you have an early flight.

I know lots of people said they made it, but there is always that chance you may not as well. I know last year I had an 11:25 a.m. flight, got off the ship at 8:15 a.m. (were the first called and this was a Tuesday) and just made the flight, we got to the gate at 11 a.m. With all the security and ships dismebarking at the same time on Saturdays and Sunday's, I would say to take the later flight, but that's your decision. Hope this helps.

You can always book the later flight, and try to get on the earlier one if you get there in time. I've been to the airport in plenty of time to catch an 11am flight when I've been booked on later flights, but it's when you need to be there that other issues get in your way.

On our last cruise we had 10:45 departure from FLL with Princess Transfers. WE were going to take a cab, and I said what the heck, Princess made the res, lets see if they can do it, FLL is a real bear sometimes. I looked at it as an adventure. Well what do you know, they got us there in plenty of time. Let the purser know that you have early departures, even if they made the reservations! Stay on the ball and you should make it OK/.:D

We also have an early flight out of FLL. 10:45am:eek: We were told that if we go to the pursors desk a few nights before disembarkation and tell them we need priority in getting off the ship, they will arrange us to have first color called off the ship.We were also told we could check in on-line the night before ,on the ship ,for our airline, and print our boarding passes the night before also, then just get right to the airport and check in bags,this should help in making our early flight.Plenty of people told us we shouldn't have a problem, that they have made early flights also.

Archived