Taking dessert from the MDR back to your cabin (or dive-in move, etc)

ckmommy72

So, John Heald asked on his FB page this morning if people did this and if so, if they ate it or it went to waste.

This is our first cruise, so no experience, but this sounded like a great idea to me. I can never finish my dinner, much less eat more than a bite or 2 of dessert, but I LOVE dessert! :hearteyes: And yes, I know I can save room, but I LOVE the savory food too! ;p

So, is it considered taboo to take dessert from the MDR? A couple people seemed to think so on the FB thread, but most people just answered John's question of if they ate it later or not. Don't want to do something that's not okay.

It's fine to do. They may put a lid on it for you. Enjoy.

I get both dessert and the "fruit and cheese" plate ... they will cover with a cover and no one minds or blinks an eye at this request.

Yay! Thanks!!

It depends on the MD whether you can take food out of the MDR. They do need the plates for the next meal. Second seating plates are almost always hot.

I've been able to recreate the cheese plate at the buffet. It's all there though you'll have to go to the pizza bar for the blue cheese.

Went to his FB page to post an answer. This is a loaded question because if he got a whole bunch of "No, we never do that!" or "It always goes to waste" answers I bet that there would quickly be a policy change!!

We frequently do this, so we can finish the meal quicker and get our DD out of the dining room. By the end of the long meal she is ready to go!