Breakaway Haven Difference

Horsegoer

so we have our cruise booked out of NYC to Bermuda next month. We have balcony room. Thinking of possibly upgrading. They have either the Haven forward facing penthouse with balcony(H7) or the Haven spa suite with balcony(H9). Both start at $500 bid price. How do the two rooms differ? Thanks.

Edit: I just saw they also have the Haven courtyard with balcony(H5) at the same $500 starting bid price.

Edited by Horsegoer
More info

The forward facing PH is the largest room. It has a separate living room which is really nice. But it has a small balcony.

The spa room has a large jacuzzi tub in the room next to the bed. It comes with free access to the spa Thermal suite ($200 per person value) which is wonderful. We get spa passes on all of our cruises.

The courtyard room is a large balcony room. It is more expensive but unlike the other two, it is in the Havens complex.

We prefer the forward PH because of the space at the lowest cost.

The Haven Spa Suite comes with free entry for 2 to the spa's thermal suite plus ALL of the amenities of The Haven. The thermal suite is really, really great! None of the other Haven suites get the thermal suite passes. The Haven Spa Suite also has the spa tub in the room and a separate large walk in shower with jets in the bathroom. The advantage of being in the Haven is that the Haven is just outside of your door. Other than that, the amenities are the same whether Spa Suite or Penthouse. IMO, the spa suite is the better deal - costs less and includes the spa passes. Only thing is you must go upstairs to enter The Haven.

so we have our cruise booked out of NYC to Bermuda next month. We have balcony room. Thinking of possibly upgrading. They have either the Haven forward facing penthouse with balcony(H7) or the Haven spa suite with balcony(H9). Both start at $500 bid price. How do the two rooms differ? Thanks.

Edit: I just saw they also have the Haven courtyard with balcony(H5) at the same $500 starting bid price.

I would jump on that upgrade! Once we went Haven, we can't go back. IMO I'd take the courtyard with balcony. I don't do spa, and in the forward facing you can't have the shades open on the window after dark IIRC. We have been in the H4 2 bedroom Haven suite and we can't have anything less now. :o

We were in the haven spa suite in October. The thermal suite on the breakaway is fantastic. Used it every day. The jacuzzi tub in the room overlooking the ocean is heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

One other thing to consider. I believe the courtyard rooms have a tub and shower combo, while the spa suite has a shower only. We had a mini suite on the Gem once and had a hard time stepping into the tub to take a shower.

Good luck,

Mike

We have stayed in the forward facing penthouse, and it was very spacious...especially in the master bedroom . A word of caution, the crew bar is directly below those on the front of the ship. It can get a little rowdy, but never really bothered us...we were on a lower deck (maybe even 9 if that is possible?) You have a window in the master that looks forward which we really enjoyed.

We have stayed in the forward facing penthouse, and it was very spacious...especially in the master bedroom . A word of caution, the crew bar is directly below those on the front of the ship. It can get a little rowdy, but never really bothered us...we were on a lower deck (maybe even 9 if that is possible?) You have a window in the master that looks forward which we really enjoyed.

Nice bit of information on those lower H7's. OP, you better figure that using the upsell bidding system you will likely get the most undesirable cabin in that category as people that book directly will take the better cabins. As a noise conscious cruiser I always thought all H7's were safe on BA. Some H9's are under the gym. Many H5's are under a public sundeck or even Vibe. If any of that bothers you be careful.

Out of Bermuda next month is sort of a risky seas so early in the season. Next month there is a good chance your sea days will be cold and winter at sea means rough seas. April, even in Bermuda isn't real warm usually either. There's a good chance you might want to have indoor things to do!

It would be really nice to have the spa pass if it was otherwise a crappy sea days.

• 9 months later...
I would jump on that upgrade! Once we went Haven, we can't go back. IMO I'd take the courtyard with balcony. I don't do spa, and in the forward facing you can't have the shades open on the window after dark IIRC. We have been in the H4 2 bedroom Haven suite and we can't have anything less now. :o

Why can't you have the shades open after dark? NCL doesn't allow you to, or too much light would get in?

Why can't you have the shades open after dark? NCL doesn't allow you to, or too much light would get in?
It's because the light from the room effects the vision from the Bridge at nighttime.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

It's because the light from the room effects the vision from the Bridge at nighttime.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That's interesting. That would be an awkward 1am phone call lol..."umm excuse me sir, can you please close your shades"..

I just had an H5 and liked it, but I will say it's not larger (or doesn't feel larger) than a typical balcony room on ship, so if you want a lot of space, the H7 might be better with its additional room. The balcony is larger on the H5 than the H7 (I'm told), and larger than a regular balcony, but no loungers. The seats are more comfortable than regular balcony seats. The upside of the spa room is the spa access and the price, the downside being the walk upstairs to access the Haven and its restaurant, concierge, etc.

A caution about the shower/tub in H5 -- there's no walk in shower, and getting into the tub to take a shower can be challenging. It's kind of the opposite of a handicapped accessible room in the sense that an able bodied person might have a difficulty with it. I'm 5'5" and it was a weird stretch to get my foot up and over the edge while simultaneously stepping way into the tub (because the sides are curved). They might amend this with a different door design so that you could use a bar or the sink as leverage, but it's rather awkwardly laid out so that your instinct is to hold the doors for support, and they're not really designed for that.

So if you have very short, elderly, or at all unsteady passengers in your group, that kind of room might be one to skip.