Life Boat Drill Buenes Aires to Santiago

Gizmosmum

Can anyone tell me when they do the life boat drill for this cruise since it stays in port the first night? After we check in I would like to leave the boat to do a free walking tour at 3pm, is this doable? The next day i wanted to do another free walking tour at 11am.

Thanks in advance Gizmosmum

I can't answer for that particular cruise, but muster drills generally take place during the afternoon, before dinner service starts, regardless of departure time.

With late departures, this does mean that some people miss it (this is very common in European itineraries with evening departures, for example), so a make up drill usually happens on the second day.

I'm not sure what time you actually depart on the second day, so it is possible that they will just hold it some time then. However, I wouldn't give it any consideration when making your plans before departure. Just make sure that you are onboard two hours before the posted departure time, and if you miss the muster drill then they will tell you when to attend the make up drill.

On the Feb 22nd sailing it was at 4:30PM on the day the ship sailed i.e. Day 2 of the cruise as Day 1 was boarding day and the overnight stay in BsAs. You will be fine to check in on Day 1 and then leave for your tour. On day 2 you would need to be back in time to attend. I have no information about Make-Up drill as I attended the first time around.