Dubai to Venice - 2018??

Marylin

I have a dilemma! I have paid a deposit for an October 2017 cruise with Royal Caribbean (Seattle to Sydney) that is a dream, BUT then I noticed the NCL cruise on 03/27/2017 from Dubai to Venice.

Sadly, we can't make next week's cruise but I would trade the Trans Pacific to the Dubai / Venice cruise in a heartbeat.

So my question is - when will NCL bring out their 2018 cruises? I have until 06/14 before I lose my deposit on the Royal Caribbean cruise and would love to see the NCL cruise come up before then so that I can make the switch.

Any ideas if a) NCL will do the same cruise in 2018 and b) when will it show on their schedules?

Thanks!

The Dubai to Venice is a one off,it won't be happening next year,the Jewel is going to Australia via Trans Pacific & back via Asia and Japan.....there are other cruise lines that do a similar itinerary,like Rccl,Msc.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

We did the reverse trip late last year; Rome to Singapore; on the Star. It was a wonderful trip with lots of exotic ports. All the time I said that it would be a one off, the idea being to get a ship to test the waters in South East Asia and Australia and New Zealand; then travel the same reverse path to Europe. Unfortunately that back fired a little with the Star having major problems.

The reason for my saying it was a one off was, as stated, the Jewel is traveling from Vancouver to Sydney across the Pacific (one off?) then spending the summer in Australia and New Zealand before travelling from Sydney to Tokyo (also one off?. There then being no reason to get a boat from Europe to the Antipodes.

The interesting thing is whether the Jewel is to be based in South East Asia for a half year there and then a half year in Australia/New Zealand or whether it returns to North America from Tokyo and does the 'loop' again in 2018/19.

A lot will depend on the usage of the Joy and the Bliss. The Joy being based in China for the Chinese market could open up room for a second boat in South East Asia and the Bliss being used in Alaska may well decrease the number of boats needed there.

I think you are 'out of luck'.

Mike