Waitlist for My Time Dinning

EmieT

From Jamman54's review this is how to contact the maître D:

The email address is XXmaitred@carnival dot com. Substitute the X's with the two letter ship code from the list below.

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstasy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

PR Pride

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SH Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

We're wait-listed for YTD, as well. Contacted the maitre' d and are waiting for a response. DH and I have been wondering if they might eventually have YTD as the only option in the MDR. I could see where we might have to wait to be seated at times, but that tends to happen on elegant nights anyway.

Don't take this the wrong way, but just contacting the maitre d isn't going to help you get it. If you are not Diamond, Platinum or have FTTF, then all of the the available spots could very well go to people who have priority over you. Don't get me wrong, I hope you get it, but bugging the maitre d is not going to help. They only have so many spots, and they have to go by priority first, then I would guess it would be a first come, first serve basis by the order in which the request was made online (when you chose your dining time choice). So you will either get it or you won't. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

bakersdozen12....We have had success everytime we have emailed the maitre'd a week or so prior to our cruise date. They are not obligated to acknowledge or respond and only one, Ken Byrne of the Pride has. The other times I did not know until we boarded and found that our requests were accommodated. So it does work and it's not bugging anyone and I did not take your comments to the op in the wrong manner...Just a FYI to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll tell you what....this Ken Byrne sounds like a dream of a maître d! I was hoping that I would finally get to meet him on our November Pride sailing (and hear him sing), but alas I am told he will be getting the Horizon up and running at that time. *insert sad face here*. Maybe sometime in the future I will get to

Confused. What is waitlisted for Your Time Dining? When we booked they asked if we wanted YTD or a selected time and we said YTD. Do I now have to get on a waiting list to eat in the main dining room? I thought we just show up when we want to eat and when a seat is available they seat you like in a restaurant? I'm so confused by all the terminology!

Confused. What is waitlisted for Your Time Dining? When we booked they asked if we wanted YTD or a selected time and we said YTD. Do I now have to get on a waiting list to eat in the main dining room? I thought we just show up when we want to eat and when a seat is available they seat you like in a restaurant? I'm so confused by all the terminology!

You can be waitlisted if all the available "spots" are full for your preferred dining option - early, late or YTD. They clear all the waitlists prior to the cruise but there is a chance of not getting the option that you prefer if you are waitlisted.

When you log into your cruise online, the dining time will tell you if your confirmed or waitlisted for your choice.

I got "wait-listed" once when I sailed on the Liberty from San Juan, PR. I boarded around 3pm and made a beeline to the MDR to meet with the Maitre D since he was supposed to be available until 3:30pm and he was nowhere to be found. I got his assistant who took my name and stateroom number and told me to expect a response the next day. The answer was that my request was denied and was assigned to the early seating which we didn't really like at all. The experience was fine but the time was horrible for us. I usually do Any time dinning, BTW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app