Live - Anthem of the Seas Spring Fling Cruise..3-26 to 4-3-2017

Great video!! Thanks for posting it!!! (but the music wants to make me cry:-P )

Thanks! Sorry for the music, have to pick stuff that will not get copyrighted on youtube. Glad you are along for the ride!

Indoor pool is open

64abd6d36a5779015e0d6cacabd9d121.jpg

607d0e8c885e0e10e4cf3539c94f1573.jpg

4e25c98a99f884287a5883b7fb8c17a4.jpg

b633635e06685fe1ade0e3fc259a977f.jpg

Indoor pool area includes the dive center:

f61215a71df4e076a78085374fc5ca33.jpg

Scuba session cost $599 dollars not sure if that gets one certified or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still along for the ride and enjoying every moment. I actually just thought of a question. My wife was talking about there being some type of sushi making class available on the ship but I haven't really seen anything about it. Curious if something like that is done at Izumi and what the cost is for it, as I know she definitely wants to do it on our cruise, if it does exist.

Thanks! Sorry for the music, have to pick stuff that will not get copyrighted on youtube. Glad you are along for the ride!

Indoor pool is open

Scuba session cost $599 dollars not sure if that gets one certified or not.

Yep it gets you certified, $599 is for the Open Water Diver Course. My son and I are signed up for that on our upcoming cruise in 12 more days :-). This may be asking a bit too much but, since you are near the dive center and know where it is, any chance you could find out what the schedule is for that course on the upcoming 8 night cruise? I know our confined dives will be in the mornings on the first 2 sea days but trying to find out exact scheduled times. I emailed Ben and Scott who are the dive instructors yesterday but haven't heard back yet and would love to get that schedule. You could tell them to check their email and reply back, lol.

We were on Anthem last August and I thought the bed was firm but not hard by any means. I slept like a rock in it. :)

We were in line an hour before Trapeze school and there were sometimes people there before us. I'd get there early. This is a limited person activity. Both of my kids loved it.

Bumper Cars are also popular especially on the first few days of sailing. Towards the end of the cruise its easier to get on. They usually do like 4 or 5 groups I wanna say.

Thanks so much for your help! I appreciate it! :)

Still along for the ride and enjoying every moment. I actually just thought of a question. My wife was talking about there being some type of sushi making class available on the ship but I haven't really seen anything about it. Curious if something like that is done at Izumi and what the cost is for it, as I know she definitely wants to do it on our cruise, if it does exist.

Glad you are enjoying! I will try to find out about the class, check back. Apologize up front if I fail, but I do try to find answers if I can.

Here is our abode for the morning - deck 15 port side, nice and sunny with a cooling breeze

91788d0029c183d5b31507e8433f45d0.jpg

3c9970ac59db45c00aa4b480d3c8ac89.jpg

Yep it gets you certified, $599 is for the Open Water Diver Course. My son and I are signed up for that on our upcoming cruise in 12 more days :-). This may be asking a bit too much but, since you are near the dive center and know where it is, any chance you could find out what the schedule is for that course on the upcoming 8 night cruise? I know our confined dives will be in the mornings on the first 2 sea days but trying to find out exact scheduled times. I emailed Ben and Scott who are the dive instructors yesterday but haven't heard back yet and would love to get that schedule. You could tell them to check their email and reply back, lol.

Sure can, check back and I will ask in abit as they are there now.

Thank you for the awesome postings and youtube videos. This is getting me very excited for our B2B Anthem cruises in May. I thought you had mentioned earlier that you are also cruising on the Anthem in May. This will be our first time on this class of ship. Hope you continue to have a great time.

I spoke with Arron at the dive center and since it is several cruises away they do not have an exact time set for each class yet, according to him. Ben nor Scott were available.

Take a stroll down the Royal Esplanade on deck 4 with us and window shop ...

Seadog! I liked the music. Phil Collins. What's not to like?

Well, here's my dilemma. We're Celebrity cruisers and we have a cruise booked on the Summit for August to Bermuda. However, your review is making the Anthem very appealing even if for only 5 days instead of 7. I'm not sure I can talk my DH into it as he likes what he likes and what he's familiar with and that's :cool: but we may need to shake things up a bit before 2 straight years of silly and edgy B2Bs. ;p

I know the Anthem to Bermuda would be fun and different but he likes his suite life on Celebrity. I have to work extra hard to convince him...... :halo:

Oh and I just finished watching all your videos on youtube. At first I thought, take time to relax but clearly this is how you enjoy your vacation. And WE ARE TOOOOO! :D

Seadog! I liked the music. Phil Collins. What's not to like?

Well, here's my dilemma. We're Celebrity cruisers and we have a cruise booked on the Summit for August to Bermuda. However, your review is making the Anthem very appealing even if for only 5 days instead of 7. I'm not sure I can talk my DH into it as he likes what he likes and what he's familiar with and that's :cool: but we may need to shake things up a bit before 2 straight years of silly and edgy B2Bs. ;p

I know the Anthem to Bermuda would be fun and different but he likes his suite life on Celebrity. I have to work extra hard to convince him...... :halo:

Oh and I just finished watching all your videos on youtube. At first I thought, take time to relax but clearly this is how you enjoy your vacation. And WE ARE TOOOOO!

Thanks njaloha! Glad you are along with us! We have been lucky to have sailed summit to Bermuda and love that little ship ;) Bermuda is our fav destination so even though we are sailing there this year on Anthem, if I had an absolute choice I would pick Summit and 7 days every time. Cannot beat two overnight stays.

Have a blast no matter what!!!

Also yes my relaxation is wandering and photography even with just an iPhone. I do not get much time to play back in the real world like this

No place I would rather be on a Tuesday Morning.. or any morning for that matter

03c8a59bae469c3a1ddd1ef8633ca9e5.jpg

1fa3511d55cbdf4425cc29c56eaf2677.jpg

Phone battery is on life support, tons more pics and vids a bit later.

Thank you for the awesome postings and youtube videos. This is getting me very excited for our B2B Anthem cruises in May. I thought you had mentioned earlier that you are also cruising on the Anthem in May. This will be our first time on this class of ship. Hope you continue to have a great time.

Thanks Alysia! Yes were are cruising Anthem again May 5 or 6 to Bermuda. Enjoy your B2B!

Thanks njaloha! Glad you are along with us! We have been lucky to have sailed summit to Bermuda and love that little ship ;) Bermuda is our fav destination so even though we are sailing there this year on Anthem, if I had an absolute choice I would pick Summit and 7 days every time. Cannot beat two overnight stays.

Have a blast no matter what!!! Also yes my relaxation is wandering and photography even with just an iPhone. I do not get much time to play back in the real world like this No place I would rather be on a Tuesday Morning.. or any morning for that matter .......

WOW! Thanks for the pics of your view and the advise on Summit. Hmmmmm. :confused:

Maybe Anthem next year....Anxiously awaiting itineraries due out Thursday, or so I read somewhere...

I spoke with Arron at the dive center and since it is several cruises away they do not have an exact time set for each class yet, according to him. Ben nor Scott were available.

Awesome!!! Thanks so much for that.

Glad you are enjoying! I will try to find out about the class, check back. Apologize up front if I fail, but I do try to find answers if I can.

Here is our abode for the morning - deck 15 port side, nice and sunny with a cooling breeze

Thanks again. I did some searching on the boards and from what I could find, it is available at Izumi and seems to cost $30 on the Anthem but I couldn't find anything about how it's booked and when you're able to book it. Saw nothing in cruise planner so it must be something done onboard. Anything you can find out would be greatly appreciated.

Appreciate your time in doing this review with pictures and videos as I'm following along reliving the memories of our Anthem sailings. We're on another Anthem B2B and will be on when board when you board on May 6 :)

The spicy shrimp dish in Chops is one of my favorites too.

I have one questions, I know your pictures are from the IPhone 7, which I have, do you have a photo sharing website (which I don't) or are you just loading your pictures from your phone onto CC through tapatalk? TY

I also liked that song you added to your video for the Esplanade.

Continue to enjoy the rest of your cruise and I'll be following along.

Thanks Alysia! Yes were are cruising Anthem again May 5 or 6 to Bermuda. Enjoy your B2B!

We will be on May 6 five day cruise to Bermuda. It looks like you might be on the same one :)

I'm loving this review!!! I went back to read your Live review of breakaway to Bermuda and I am loving it also just wish I could see videos. I think I heard someone mention on CC that they only stay viewable for 2 years😣

I'm reading the stuff you wrote about propulsion and the ship sailing slowly? Is there a problem with the engine?

Hi Eeyorefan, there was an update that there is a minor propulsion system issue forcing reduced speed and change of itinerary. Not sure if it is engine related exactly.

Thanks again. I did some searching on the boards and from what I could find, it is available at Izumi and seems to cost $30 on the Anthem but I couldn't find anything about how it's booked and when you're able to book it. Saw nothing in cruise planner so it must be something done onboard. Anything you can find out would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds good Trackhead, I will scope it out. Should be easy to find.

Appreciate your time in doing this review with pictures and videos as I'm following along reliving the memories of our Anthem sailings. We're on another Anthem B2B and will be on when board when you board on May 6 :)

The spicy shrimp dish in Chops is one of my favorites too.

I have one questions, I know your pictures are from the IPhone 7, which I have, do you have a photo sharing website (which I don't) or are you just loading your pictures from your phone onto CC through tapatalk? TY

I also liked that song you added to your video for the Esplanade.

Continue to enjoy the rest of your cruise and I'll be following along.

Thanks Life is Good Cruising glad you are along with us! Looking forward to Bermuda with you!

As to the photos, I do have a Photobucket account but find it is quicker to post directly through tapatalk, though I am sure the quality suffers, one less step in the process is helpful.

Also, if anyone is going to post video and such from their phone and not have a laptop or such keep in mind your phone memory will fill up quick and require managing via deleting videos from your phone once they are posted to youtube or whatever service you will use. Just an fyi.

I am using my ipad as a backup storage for photos.