Live - Anthem of the Seas Spring Fling Cruise..3-26 to 4-3-2017

So excited to follow your journey. Thank you for taking the time to post for us!

I'm sailing the Anthem June 8th.

Can you tell me how we sign up for a tour of the ship? I went through all the shore excursions and didn't see it.

Thank you!

Lori from San Diego

For the tour, it should be listed under activities, not shore excursions. I wasn't sure if you meant you were specifically looking in the excursion section. It's been showing for my cruise for as long as I can remember, since booking. If you view all activities from your cruise planner and scroll down, that's where it should be. If not, then I guess it may not show up till later.

Just complimenting what dp provided as to the Sushi Class

d085277df566b3a27b819a69c300c92f.jpg

45471ca9783629de03ace7a51b34d80d.jpg

53c6459cf7ee939d4f539a43ba975d0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! First thing I've been doing in the mornings when I wake up, is follow along and check out anything I missed from later at night and what you've done so far in the morning, lol. I was able to show this to my wife before she headed off for work; could see her eyes light up a bit, hehe. Thanks again.

Tenders have arrived!

Time to get your bags packed and get ready to head over in about an hour. Don't forget your sunscreen it is supposed to be high UV Index today!

7d8e3e5b9493efd61e60d60d3917570e.jpg

YES!!! DON'T FORGET SUNSCREEN!!! My kids and I did the Scuba excursion then we joined my DW and MIL in one of the south beach bungalows, so I thought I did not need sunscreen... I was wrong. My back only stopped peeling and itching a few days ago.

BTW thanks for your very unique review. I'm struggling with a very intense Love-Hate relationship with your review. Love going over all the stuff we did and seen but I did not do as good of a job of documenting it, so I love what you are doing, but man... It is just making my PCBs so much worse.:loudcry:

Have a great day in Cococay, I'm happy for you that you made it.

dp

Supply Tender Heading over and ticket 1-3 called.. lets goooo

Wish this was my permanent view!!

4ea83eedc7f822f28545cf3fc22e6ff9.jpg

Looks to be a gorgeous day!

3bc3510878126d4da709c26958bc0c1d.jpg

Heading down to get in tender lineup. Be back later with updates. Hope you all have a great day and see you a bit later with a report from cocoa cay!

Hi seadog, u mention that the ship has swayed a lot during ur trip? Has the been for the whole trip? What was the answer to why it swayed so much when u did the tour. Seeing ur video of the swimming pool has made me a little nervous. Really enjoying ur review

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to say, we have been extremely lucky to have sailed quite a few times now in our life and on a few different ships, and not trying to throw shade at Anthem, but as calm as it has been sea-wise, the ship swayed a lot in minor swells, so much that it was asked multiple times during our tour of the staff. Also our cabin is the creakiest cabin we have had on any ship, in any weather. We have gotten used to it but it is noticeable coming from the structure.

Just a bit surprised is all, certainly not impacting our fun or sleep at all.

And about the bed, after 3 nights sleep we actually have slept well and it is comfortably firm, so it is not, to us overly firm just firmer than our home bed but ok.

Thanks for your great review.

I am glad you commented on the creaking, I made the same comment about our cabin (8142) being the creakiest we have ever sailed in and was told I didn't have the right mindset and was a complainer.:rolleyes::( We also noticed the balcony dividers banged continually with any motion, but my DH was able to make a little wedge out of paper and jam it into the gap in the latch to stop that noise at least. We even commented on the cabin issues in our survey since the cabin doorframe was separated from the wall. Maybe there is a way to close the visible gap and stop the walls from popping and creaking.

Enjoy your day on the island!:)

Theres been news that the dress code is relaxed now for the main dining rooms to include shorts & tank tops. Are you seeing this ?

We have not dined in the mains yet. We did see someone in chops on formal night in nicer shorts and flip flops though, though I cannot say it is officially ok they were let in. I have seen shorts in Jamie's on both non formal nights we dined there also.

Thank you for taking the time to do this review. I'm am enjoying it immensely. It just might convince me to try out one of the larger or newer ships.

Awesome, I am glad it is enjoyable, and like giving back to the CC community!

I hope you do try a larger ship and you enjoy it! One time and you will know if they are to your taste or not.

Hi seadog, u mention that the ship has swayed a lot during ur trip? Has the been for the whole trip? What was the answer to why it swayed so much when u did the tour. Seeing ur video of the swimming pool has made me a little nervous. Really enjoying ur review

It may just be us, but like I mentioned it has been relatively calm seas and last night we swayed so much I almost fell out of the bathroom brushung my teeth. I had to grab the shower door. Mrs S. Laughed for an hour...

Their response on the tour was there are big swells today. We were not the only ones on the tour to ask, several others noted it and asked as well. I am just guessing, but maybe the reduced cruising speed is allowing the swells that are there to affect the ship more than at higher speeds.

Do not worry though it is not something that is really affecting the cruise or anyones enjoyment. I am just making note it is more pronounced for some reason. No other reviews have mentioned it so it may just be us. We are getting older :)

Thanks for your great review.

I am glad you commented on the creaking, I made the same comment about our cabin (8142) being the creakiest we have ever sailed in and was told I didn't have the right mindset and was a complainer.:rolleyes::( We also noticed the balcony dividers banged continually with any motion, but my DH was able to make a little wedge out of paper and jam it into the gap in the latch to stop that noise at least. We even commented on the cabin issues in our survey since the cabin doorframe was separated from the wall. Maybe there is a way to close the visible gap and stop the walls from popping and creaking.

Enjoy your day on the island!:)

I guess I am speaking for myself when I say we are generally go with the flow types and it takes a good bit to make us comment on something like that. So when we notice something that pronounced such as the creaking and mention it, it is something that is noticeable and I feel helpful for others to know.

If noticing very noisy and persistent creaking and commenting on it makes you and I complainers and not of the right mindset to some, then ce'st la vie :)

Just returned from an absolutely beautiful morning on Coco Cay. The weather could not have been better.. close to 80 degrees and bright sun with a nice gentle breeze. Will give a full report a bit later.. some pictures showing how nice it was:

We arrived around 8:45 or so to the island with tender ticket 5

5964eb27516ffbbff544b5e44888d6c0.jpg

The sand is a combination of soft sand and fine coral sand.

354fa99ffb77619f6401dfb2b4dc4296.jpg

The water was initially cool to get in, but the bottom was nice sand for the most part. This was our second time here and I remember it being a more grassy bottom before. Water shoes made it very easy to walk around in the water

8a1271d44730f555b5f24705df9e80c0.jpg

Getting there early made it easy to find chairs where we liked, in full sun. Later in the morning as it filled up, it took people longer to find spots naturally.

75b1b1eddaea1d4b0a59b4a25f5002d5.jpg

A few more before a quick afternoon nap

Life guards are on duty at all three beach coves

9cc3ece9f83ce581cc20969488a97522.jpg

There are plenty of activities for additional charge like canoe and paddle boats along with snorkeling and jet skiing

b6b813919171df1c7c5f258c798bf8f3.jpg

There are plenty of places to get refreshments from:

c47a5d5b33290dd14a77ef7a4ceb10b9.jpg

In the form of Coco Loco's, Strawberry Mango Rum, yumm

db4d7caf17b0eb89d75e886e3cf6fbc5.jpg

They have a straw market. Did not see any straw for sale though lol

ac6cf71f205ca652705e93e85113789d.jpg

d90bba94843c13cc85b881e8f7cc05a9.jpg

Will post more later after a siesta...

Your pictures are fabulous Seadog. I'm glad you had a good visit there.

Thanks amkras! We took a lot, I will post more soon, meanwhile here is a short video of our morning on Coco Cay. I suspect there will be some sun burned people today, the sun was blazing all day and we tanned up in just over 3 hours in it. It really was a nice relaxing day.

Absolutely fantastic live report, with amazing amounts of detail. I'm sure I speak for most when I say thanks for taking the time out of YOUR vacation to write this!

We have never sailed on Anthem, but your report makes us want to book the 5 day cruise to our last Kokomo destination (Bermuda) before we hit the Allure and Harmony in Sept and Oct!

One question about the Anthem, do they have a Vintages, and if so would you mind snapping a pic of the REDS section of the wine list!

Thanks once again, REALLY appreciate the details.

Cheers!

Day 4 Compass

726ebc860fee00244865abf82af90c0f.jpg

3244b948d86ea26d26d489acb42f6556.jpg

456bdc206db3ff4690f5902e0c1190bd.jpg

e1e23a8517d302e9658825aff1a53146.jpg

54df3210d5ff12d50fc942a5e396213b.jpg

7ef588fe4b94f78ea1faee704138bae2.jpg

Plans for tonight is we are splurging again and booked Chops again for tonight at 5:30. Yes we may not see the main dining rooms this trip lol.

Then even though we were unable to get reservations for most shows due to booking so late, we are really hoping to see Resurrection The Journey Cover Band tonight in 270 at 10pm.

So far, we are having a blast on Anthem and will be sailing her again hopefully even after our May Bermuda trip.

So much to see and do, we have to scout out seaplex times to ride the bumper cars and other activities.

Also if I missed any questions, and you see this feel free to post them again as it is difficult to scan back through the tread mainly being on my phone.

Still need a drink in Boleros....

Absolutely fantastic live report, with amazing amounts of detail. I'm sure I speak for most when I say thanks for taking the time out of YOUR vacation to write this!

We have never sailed on Anthem, but your report makes us want to book the 5 day cruise to our last Kokomo destination (Bermuda) before we hit the Allure and Harmony in Sept and Oct!

One question about the Anthem, do they have a Vintages, and if so would you mind snapping a pic of the REDS section of the wine list!

Thanks once again, REALLY appreciate the details.

Cheers!

Thanks Glad it is enjoyable and glad your along!

Yes there is a Vintages.. another place we need to stop in for a drink! Thanks for the reminder lol. And I will certainly post the wine list when we do!

I see in your pix large beach umbrellas... were there areas for rentals on site or did people have to arrange that prior to hitting the beach? I prefer shade with maybe 10 mins of sun. DH likes alot of sun.

Yes, they have a booth for umbrella and floating mat rental. Umbrellas are $20 I asked specifically

9930a0ecbfdd128122c2d4fe0fb70ab5.jpg

I just recently did the all access tour on the Grandeur; first, those tags they give you for identification purposes, they also let you keep as they are luggage tags; and on our tour, they provided Bluetooth type ear pieces for each participant, and this allowed you to hear your guide who had a microphone as you were walking from one area to another, and then he would hand the mic off to the person in charge of the area of the tour you were next visiting. Made the tour 100% better.

I just recently did the all access tour on the Grandeur; first, those tags they give you for identification purposes, they also let you keep as they are luggage tags; and on our tour, they provided Bluetooth type ear pieces for each participant, and this allowed you to hear your guide who had a microphone as you were walking from one area to another, and then he would hand the mic off to the person in charge of the area of the tour you were next visiting. Made the tour 100% better.

Neat! That would have been way better. Funny the oldest ship in the fleet has that and one of the newest ones dies not.