Review Chefs Table

We just did the Chef's Table during our Allure cruise the week of March 12th - and loved it. The menu we had was the same - but there were different wine pairings.

I had read that you meet on Allure in the Library an hour ahead - and they offer champagne. For some reason, on our sailing we did meet there - but not until 8:20pm for the 8:30pm dinner.

I did a review of the Chefs Table on my blog. I really enjoyed the food and service and would definitely do it again. You can read about it and see my pictures at

http://winenchocolate.com/chefs-table-rhapsody-of-the-sea/

Loved your review and the wonderful pictures!

And thanks for sharing the pricing information. We booked ahead of time on LOS on special for $63 (30% off $89) so its good to know specials can be had, and potentially even better on board! Would love to do it again. Don't know if I could talk the hubby into 4 days of specialty dinning...but worth a shot...:evilsmile:

I had read that you meet on Allure in the Library an hour ahead - and they offer champagne. For some reason, on our sailing we did meet there - but not until 8:20pm for the 8:30pm dinner.

Same for us. Beware that guest service is clueless as to where the meeting point is. The concierge, however, is the one to call.

I have to get my wife to read this. We are cruising in 2 weeks and she has hate for the Chef's Table because of our horrid experience doing it on the Independence of the Seas, where the chef came out one time at the beginning and was never seen again. Had people asking questions about the courses throughout, which couldn't be answered but with guesses because he was no where to be found. I did it previously on the Allure and know how great it's supposed to be from that experience.

I have to get my wife to read this. We are cruising in 2 weeks and she has hate for the Chef's Table because of our horrid experience doing it on the Independence of the Seas, where the chef came out one time at the beginning and was never seen again. Had people asking questions about the courses throughout, which couldn't be answered but with guesses because he was no where to be found. I did it previously on the Allure and know how great it's supposed to be from that experience.

Just so your wife reads this, here is our experience:

We went to the Chef's Table on the Allure back in December 2016. It was also our first cruise btw and we did it the first night (great way to start a cruising adventure, right?). The menu was the same as the OP. It was wonderfully presented by Baba, the Sommelier, from Istanbul-Turkey, and the sous-chef (don't remember his name) from Jamaica. It was a very lovely dinner. It had everything: nice venue (the concierge lounge), nice people (there were just 8 of us), nice crew (Baba was specially amazing) and very good food and wine. Of course we liked some courses better than others, but everything was either excellent or awesome. We specially liked the wines, as well as Baba's explanation, which really gave an insight on each one (even for me, who knows almost nothing about wines). In fact, we had so much wine that we walked in zig-zag back to our stateroom :') In summary, it is highly recommended (at least as per our experience).

Hope you can convince your wife :D

We had done the Chef''s Table on Legend of the Seas for a Transatlantic a few years back and it was the worst. Let me first say that we've done many more and they have been excellent.

We were such a large group, 35 or so, that we ended up inside the Windjammer in a huge "U' sectional table. Honest to God!!!! The servers were the Windjammer crew and had absolutely no idea what anything was. The Sous Chef came out to explain each course but he was literally so far away, nobody could hear him. The menus are almost always the same so I ended up drinking my way through my $95 fiasco.

We have done Chef's Tables multiple times on different ships including RCCL and Carnival. We have never had a bad COURSE, and we love the experience.

However, since the menu has not changed recently, we are unsure if we will go on our upcoming Allure cruise next month.

2 questions:

Should we consider 150 Central Park? How does that experience differ from Chef's table?

How common is it to see discounted on board prices for Chef's Table....especially on Allure?

Thanks

Edited by bfree32
Full message not posted

I think they limit Chef's Table to a max of 16 guests these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had 28 people on the Freedom a couple of weeks ago. My wife and I booked for the first day and it was cancelled as we were the only ones who signed up. They pushed us to day 2.

It was also held in the WindJammer, which allowed for them to add extra seats. This is not possible on cruises where we have had a secluded area/ table. (Anthem, Oasis, Allure)

Thanks, Chris