Colosseum Underground Tour

lifeasme123

Also, the Domus Area has now added a virtual reality segment to their tour that supposedly shows what it would have looked like during Nero's time

Fat-fingered idiot meant Domus Aurea not Domus Area. :o

cruisemom42 You have already toured both forum sites at night? I did not even know these visits were available until just recently - other than time travel, I think that laser reconstruction of the forums would be the next best thing.

Fat-fingered idiot meant Domus Aurea not Domus Area. :o

cruisemom42 You have already toured both forum sites at night? I did not even know these visits were available until just recently - other than time travel, I think that laser reconstruction of the forums would be the next best thing.

I was lucky enough to be in Rome twice last year. :hearteyes:

I have to say that those laser shows and "reconstructions" are really not my thing. (For the same reason that I didn't love the Palazzo Valentini tour.... a little hokey for me.)

But I do like being able to get "up closer" to the sites than one is usually allowed to do....

I am interested in the Forum light shows and hope someone can clarify.

1. Are these shows reconstruction with lights or scenes reflected onto the ruins to give a visual of what the forum looked like back then?

2. Did I read it correctly - the Augustus one is a sit down excursion while the Cesear is a walking tour?

3. Is this something that would be ok to purchase at the site and not beforehand online?

I am interested in the Forum light shows and hope someone can clarify.

1. Are these shows reconstruction with lights or scenes reflected onto the ruins to give a visual of what the forum looked like back then?

2. Did I read it correctly - the Augustus one is a sit down excursion while the Cesear is a walking tour?

3. Is this something that would be ok to purchase at the site and not beforehand online?

Can't answer your questions as I've not visited yet but there are some promos that you can view to get a feel for the experience:

Forum of Augustus:

Forum of Caesar:

Official site for ticket purchase: http://www.viaggioneifori.it/en/

We did the forum of Caesar and it was both images projected to make scenes "come alive" (like the market) and projection of images that complete a structure. We were actually talking about this today, and all the family members who were on the trip remember it as a highlight. The size of each group is limited so you could potentially show up and find no available tickets. I think you save some money by buying them ahead. As far as one being walking and the other one being more of a sit down show, I think you are correct. You can get a combo ticket.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the forum of Caesar and it was both images projected to make scenes "come alive" (like the market) and projection of images that complete a structure. We were actually talking about this today, and all the family members who were on the trip remember it as a highlight. The size of each group is limited so you could potentially show up and find no available tickets. I think you save some money by buying them ahead. As far as one being walking and the other one being more of a sit down show, I think you are correct. You can get a combo ticket.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perfect! Thank you! We will order our tickets online. There are few in our family who are not sure if they want to do this, that is why I asked. DH and I will definitely do this.