shore excursions for Alaska cruise

tedandalice

My travel agent recommended booking through shoretrips.com. We are planning a zip line in Ketchikan, a helicopter ride in Juneau and whale watching in Victoria.

I just checked ShoreTrips. They seem to only offer private tours. If that is what you are looking for, you can book cheaper directly with the tour guides than the prices listed on their website (especially for two people).

I just checked ShoreTrips. They seem to only offer private tours. If that is what you are looking for, you can book cheaper directly with the tour guides than the prices listed on their website (especially for two people).

There are three of us going. My travel agent suggested shore trips as opposed to booking excursions via the NCL site.

• 9 months later...
For ship tours, don't miss one of the White Pass Railroad excursions in Skagway.

In Victoria, BC either Butchart Gardens or Victoria Pedicab (Private).

I live on Vancouver Island very near Victoria. If anyone has any questions about tours there, I would be happy to help. Butchart Gardens is beautiful and in my opinion, worth the money.

The folks on the Alaska board are quite helpful for ideas to start, and I also used TripAdvisor for reviews. Also try googling "best excursions in Skagway" etc for all your ports and you can read reviews from a variety of people who aren't members of these boards but still have valuable feedback to offer!

I will be visiting Alaska for the first time in May, and I'm really excited about the excursions we chose based on these boards and other resources.

Thank you. I find the format of these boards and forums and threade, etc, to be extremely frustrating to navigate. I think I will use your suggestions to just google or use trip advisor. Those..I know how to work :)

We will be on the cruise to Alaska at the beginning of May also. Maybe the same one as you!

Thank you. I find the format of these boards and forums and threade, etc, to be extremely frustrating to navigate. I think I will use your suggestions to just google or use trip advisor. Those..I know how to work :)

We will be on the cruise to Alaska at the beginning of May also. Maybe the same one as you!

Ours is May 26, Nieuw Amsterdam. SO EXCITED!!

For ship tours, don't miss one of the White Pass Railroad excursions in Skagway.

In Victoria, BC either Butchart Gardens or Victoria Pedicab (Private).

We did HAL's tour to Butchart Gardens and if I had it to do again, I'd go on my own, despite the cost of a taxi. HAL's tour didn't give us enough time to really enjoy the garden. The guide made it VERY clear that they would not wait for late people, so we spent too much time checking our watches. It's a shame because the gardens are so lovely.

My travel agent recommended booking through shoretrips.com. We are planning a zip line in Ketchikan, a helicopter ride in Juneau and whale watching in Victoria.

Shoretrips.com does not operate any tours, in fact they are based in Milwaukee, WI!. They are a third party so you are paying a bit more than if you would book directly with tour operator. Definitely look at the TripAdvisor forums and Ports of call boards here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

and just book directly with the tour provider. No reason to pay the middle man.