Can we send our PVP a "gift"

ski_mom

A CSR does not become a PVP. They are 2 different titles. If you want a recommendation, then you will have to ask someone outside of here for one. Wish we could give out names but we can't. Or you can call Carnival and see who is assigned to you.

Thanks for the insight! I'm guessing the CSR should have told me who my assigned PVP was then when I originally booked. I thought it was so weird that no extension was provided to me like it was in 2011, and then the two other CSRs apologized for the original guy stating that it wasn't protocol to not have your PVP extension. Oh well, its too late now LOL. I won't be calling except for price drops and that won't give anyone commission.

Thanks for the insight! I'm guessing the CSR should have told me who my assigned PVP was then when I originally booked. I thought it was so weird that no extension was provided to me like it was in 2011, and then the two other CSRs apologized for the original guy stating that it wasn't protocol to not have your PVP extension. Oh well, its too late now LOL. I won't be calling except for price drops and that won't give anyone commission.

No problem. Never too early start planning ahead for next time!

We had always booked through a travel agent. She quit so I sent an e-mail to Carnival requesting a PVP who had been with the company at least ten years, has sailed on their ships and knew what they were talking about.

The following day I got an e-mail from one telling me he has been with the company for twelve years, has sailed on most of their ships and would like to hear from me.

That's pretty smart. Set the expectation.

We are now on our third pvp, the first two left suddenly and a cruising friend recommended our current one and he is doing fine.

I only contact him when ready to book and know what we want. Saves him much time and he appreciates it and doesnt call me when we look at website.

Booked one with him yesterday as a reduced deposit website and he told me of another promotion that was a better deal for us.

Stuff like that makes me a long time customer.

Carnival pvp earn a wage as well as commission. So they are not helping you for free

They get credit (and paid) for how many bookings they make along with a small base salary. The more they sell, the more they make. It's not right IMHO to ask someone to service a booking that someone else got credit for. As having worked in commissioned sales myself, I have a respect for how things operate.

If someone wants to be taken care of by a PVP, then they should book with them from the beginning. If not, then use the 800 number. If the PVPs aren't making commission, then either they will be let go for non production, or will quit because the pay is too little.