Future Cruise Certificates - Limited to only 4?

tgloersen

Hello all;

So for the people who have purchased these in the past, (i'm aware of the deal basically 4 $250 certs for $500 purchased on board only).

Question is can i buy more than 4? I'm going on Escape June 10 and already have Breakaway booked for January of 2018, so i would like to get these and apply them to that cruise can i purchase more than 4? If not is the 4 limited by person or by cabin?

Thanks in advance for all the responses!

I don't think you're limited in qty purchase, but my PCC told me that after booking, you can only apply certificates that you had available at the time of the booking--not sure which cruise "that" is. I would still check, though. You may be able to rebook if that info is correct.

Well, now we know 4 to a person.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I don't think you're limited in qty purchase, but my PCC told me that after booking, you can only apply certificates that you had available at the time of the booking--not sure which cruise "that" is. I would still check, though. You may be able to rebook if that info is correct.

Well, now we know 4 to a person.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

While this is what they always say - I've been able to buy cruise next certificates and apply them to already booked cruises. For instance, the one in Oct we're booked on, I purchased the certificates on our Dec cruise and was able to apply two certificates when they ran the promo where you could apply two for NY sailings.

I'm not sure if it's per person or per stateroom, but I purchased 4 and my husband purchased 4 in December. We were booked in two different staterooms because we were traveling with kids. We had all the charges on one bill.

While this is what they always say - I've been able to buy cruise next certificates and apply them to already booked cruises. For instance, the one in Oct we're booked on, I purchased the certificates on our Dec cruise and was able to apply two certificates when they ran the promo where you could apply two for NY sailings.

I'm not sure if it's per person or per stateroom, but I purchased 4 and my husband purchased 4 in December. We were booked in two different staterooms because we were traveling with kids. We had all the charges on one bill.

I was told it was per stateroom if that helps at all

This doesn't surprise me (which is why I suggested checking on it). Did you apply the new certificates to your previously booked cruise while onboard?

Nexus 9 on Tapatalk Pro

Hello all;

So for the people who have purchased these in the past, (i'm aware of the deal basically 4 $250 certs for $500 purchased on board only).

Question is can i buy more than 4? I'm going on Escape June 10 and already have Breakaway booked for January of 2018, so i would like to get these and apply them to that cruise can i purchase more than 4? If not is the 4 limited by person or by cabin?

Thanks in advance for all the responses!

Regardless of how many you can buy, you can only apply one certificate per cabin on that future cruise. Sometimes NCL runs promos where you can use more than one, but you can't apply unlimited to that cruise.

when i was on the escape it was suggested because i cruise often that i buy 8 so there must be times they do sell more than 4. Now i never bought them because i can always buy more on the next cruise so i am not sure about details. You can apply them to a cruise that is already fully paid too cause i just did that in feb. They credited my credit card for the amount.

You can apply them to a cruise that is already fully paid too cause i just did that in feb. They credited my credit card for the amount.

Thanks for another verification. How did you get them (it) applied? Onboard? Phone call?

Nexus 9 on Tapatalk Pro

Like karenpstok, I have been told by the CruiseNext staff on board that the limit of 4 is not enforced, but I have not tested this out personally. Also, I have been able to apply new certificates to existing bookings on a number of occasions, so that rule is also not strictly enforced. But those are still the rules, so they can decide to apply them at any time.

On my March 9th cruise I bought 8 certificates and used 2 of them on the 21st towards my next cruise on May 7th. They said I could buy up to 12 of them. This was on the gem.

Edited by kayhil3