Bringing wine on board the Norwegian Dawn?

I read you can bring your own wine on board, but you will be charged a corkage fee of $15 per bottle. It also says no boxed wine. But what about little single serve screw-cap bottles of wine? Would they confiscate that, or would that be allowed? (not purchasing the ultimate beverage package due to high gratuities.)

I totally doubt it would be allowed. The UBP gratuity is $98 pp for a week. It also includes juice and soda. My husband doesn't even drink alcohol but enjoyed the virgin mudslides, daiquiris,mojitos and others. Was well worth it on our last cruise.

The website FAQ (which I'm certain someone more organized will post shortly) specifically refers to 750 ml and magnum 1500 ml bottles of wine only - no liquor, no beer, no non-alcoholic beverages.

Also, I'm curious why you would even want to bring those little bottles. They are much more expensive per oz than a regular-sized bottle of wine. And you can have the ship store your bottle(s) and bring them to any restaurant you choose to dine in, or you can keep it in your room and serve yourself (once the fee has been paid, of course).

Noticed your CC handle "CruisingHollandAm..." - HAL (Holland America) is more liberal in letting you bring wine on board.

Two bottles in ones carry on per person.

That noted unless you have muscles to haul on board all that wine with corkage fee best just to either buy it by the glass

at a restaurant or purchase the Viva Vino package or the Ultimate package {UBP} Unlimited booze depending on how well

you want to fill your pleasure.

I would not expect NCL to be reasonable about the 375ml ponies of wine - charging the 750ml rate ($15) for two of these.

But who knows how it will be handled pre-security. The half pints of wine are more convenient and you can put more of

these in the mini-fridge. As long as a fee is paid - no foul - no difference ! "BUT" this is NCL and not HAL or other cruise line !

Box wine is not allowed, however the bladder removed from the actual box thats inside the box seems to breeze passed security with no issues.. so I've been told

;);)

El gross-so oversized "Rum Runner" may PASS the security scanner -BUT- may FAIL the gurgle gurgle noise and

eccentric out of balance test - something in your bag Sir that is flipping around like a loose flounder !

Best to consider using the 3 liter box version rather than the 5 liter to cause less commotion !

And YES this works but becare full of bag rupture and your clothing contents reeking of wine !

El gross-so oversized "Rum Runner" may PASS the security scanner -BUT- may FAIL the gurgle gurgle noise and

eccentric out of balance test - something in your bag Sir that is flipping around like a loose flounder !

Best to consider using the 3 liter box version rather than the 5 liter to cause less commotion !

And YES this works but becare full of bag rupture and your clothing contents reeking of wine !

LOL! You make VERY valid points!! :')