Allure First Night Done Right and BOGO question

Gquie

Hi everyone. I've searched and come across a bunch of threads where some folks have taken advantage of FNDR and I'm looking at booking this for my Allure cruise in April. Based on the responses from earlier threads it seemed that you could switch to any specialty restaurant onboard and use FNDR. Then in the later threads it seems that people are saying it is only applicable for Giovanni's or Sabor.

I was going to go to Giovanni's anyways as I've had great experiences there but I was hoping I could use it at Chops. Has anyone used FNDR recently and been able to switch to Chops?

I read the terms and conditions of FNDR and it's worded pretty vaguely that you can use it at a specialty restaurant except for Chef's Table.

I also don't really understand when it says you can pay $19 Canadian and get 50% off but Giovanni's is $29 Canadian if I book it online in cruise planner. That's not 50% off unless they mean it'll be more expensive if I book Giovanni's on the boat. Im guessing this is the case?

Also I keep reading threads where some folks have had a BOGO option but I can't find that anywhere on cruise planner. Is BOGO only for diamonds and above or open to us mere Gold mortals?

Thanks for your help!! :)

Switching on FNDR is boat specific. Allure is very strict. It will almost certainly be Samba or Giovanni's. Oasis is more flexible. BOGO for specialty is not open to Gold members.

Thank you for your help! This answers my questions. I'll likely just stick with Giovanni's then.

Hi everyone. I've searched and come across a bunch of threads where some folks have taken advantage of FNDR and I'm looking at booking this for my Allure cruise in April. Based on the responses from earlier threads it seemed that you could switch to any specialty restaurant onboard and use FNDR. Then in the later threads it seems that people are saying it is only applicable for Giovanni's or Sabor.

I was going to go to Giovanni's anyways as I've had great experiences there but I was hoping I could use it at Chops. Has anyone used FNDR recently and been able to switch to Chops?

I read the terms and conditions of FNDR and it's worded pretty vaguely that you can use it at a specialty restaurant except for Chef's Table.

I also don't really understand when it says you can pay $19 Canadian and get 50% off but Giovanni's is $29 Canadian if I book it online in cruise planner. That's not 50% off unless they mean it'll be more expensive if I book Giovanni's on the boat. Im guessing this is the case?

Also I keep reading threads where some folks have had a BOGO option but I can't find that anywhere on cruise planner. Is BOGO only for diamonds and above or open to us mere Gold mortals?

Thanks for your help!! :)

We are booked on the allure in April. I have also been up and down with these same issues(except the Canadian parts). We have Giovanni's and fndr booked. We are no very interested in savor ( maybe the least favorite) and we have the discounted Giovanni's already. We could do it twice but like you would like to use fndr for chops or 150 park.

We booked with a travel agent. So as I am not sure what they really do considering I know more then most or research farther them most, I emailed mine to get a final word from rccl.

I have an email stating it can be switched to any( except chef's table). My plan is to address this as soon as I get on the ship. At port, while still fully connected to Verizon, burn the midnight oil if needed to have the ta force the issue.

This may amount to nothing. In the end Giovanni's may be worth it twice. I know we won't be paying an additional 100$ for us to go to chops or 150. This being the first rcl we plan on giving the MDR a good test.

The goal for us was to keep the prices down and still enjoy what we could. 2 / 3 night meals would have been 170$ and devided by 6 is 28$ per person/ per meal. Or we spent 72 for 2 meals is $18 per and of course 72 instead of 170. More to spent in the spa or otherwise.

I get that it could have been 170 for us to pick any, but we are not that concerned.

If booked without a ta, I would call rcl and see if you could get something in writing or have the ta get it if u have one.