Parking at the Breakaway in New York

lazarusrevival

I'm coming in from Long Island and just booked a car service one way for my family of 4 for $168!!!! I'm seriously considering driving in and parking at the pier. Does parking fill up? Do you need reservations?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This November we are taking the train from long island, the kids are older now so then can carry their own crap,,,lol

DO you have a direct number for Ridgefield? I called but was transferred to the generic line and the girl had no idea what i was talking about. Thank you!

Directly from my roll call thread

309 plus taxes!!!! 355.35$ total. 14 days parking!! Round trip taxi shuttle!!!!

Call ASAP!!!

Ask for Brian 1-201-229-0340

Or 1-201-641-2024

Yes call those #s. Basic reservations speaks 0 English and think is located in India

I'm coming in from Long Island and just booked a car service one way for my family of 4 for $168!!!! I'm seriously considering driving in and parking at the pier. Does parking fill up? Do you need reservations?

We were on the 3/5/17 sailing of the Breakaway. Arrived at the pier at 10:45 am. One in our party uses a wheelchair so when paying I asked about the handicapped parking. Was told "there might be some on the other side...I'm not sure."

Went down the aisle...no handicapped parking. Up the other side...found just two handicapped spaces remaining. I grabbed one, the car behind me grabbed the other. Regular parking wasn't full...but appeared to be nearly full at 10:45 am. I was surprised it was that full by that early hour.

Our last time there, in 2015, we also arrived between 10:30 and 11 am. Paid and the security guard noticed our handicapped license plate and let us park right in front...just behind his vehicle and tent. Loved it!

This year, no security in sight...not sure what to think about that.

For *us* (Scranton PA area) the best option looks like taking a bus to Port Authority and either getting 2 cabs or UberXL. We are a party of 7 so 1 vehicle and 1 hotel room is not an option. Round trip bus fare is only $247 total for the 7 of us. Cab fare from Port Authority to Terminal is minimal...looking at less than $300 total round trip.

I live on Long Island. We have never driven in before for a cruise (have used bus or train in the past) but we are this time. I used the Spot Hero app and booked a spot at the Pier 83 lot for the week. It came to $190. It's a self-park lot like at Pier 88, so no valet involved which we liked. We are two adults, no children, and physically capable of dragging our luggage the .3 mile from Pier 83 to Pier 88. For us, the little walk is worth it to save $90.

Last year my friends and I used ParkRight and had a good experience. For us, parking at the pier wasn't a good option, because we wanted to arrive in Manhattan two days before the cruise and do some sightseeing. Parking at the pier is only an option on days when ships are departing.

The ParkRight drivers took us back to our hotel after we brought the car to the lot (right after we checked into our hotel) and brought our car to a location across the street from the terminal when we disembarked. No damage or issues for us. There were no extra charges for the ride across town to the hotel -- although I did give the guy a nice tip since he dealt well with traffic!

Done be,confused. I'm on the same ship as u are. It is 40$/day. Up to 10 daus....Remember 11-30 day parking is a flat fee of 400$ as well. Not 560.

The room is only good if u are coming from afar

Good to know the flat fee for another cruise that is not in the winter months. We always leave a day early due to 2 hours distance, weather ( snow in the winter) and or traffic issues which we've had to deal with in the past so we always make it a point to go a day ahead. That said, $320 for a room, shuttle to the port, free breakfast in the morning and free parking is still a better option for us then $400. Rooms in NYC are astronomical. Edited by uneamie

DO you have a direct number for Ridgefield? I called but was transferred to the generic line and the girl had no idea what i was talking about. Thank you!

Direct number is: 1-201-641-2024...

if it's a call center ask them to transfer you to the Hilton in RIdgefield. If I recall I had a few issues getting a direct connection too.

Ask for the: NYC Park, Ride and Cruise

I completed a 7 day cruise on NCL BREAKAWAY March 19-26. I used PARK JOCKEY. Initially I booked at the Silver Towers garage on 42nd Street for $140.00 for the week. After learning about 42nd Street being closed for the NYC half marathon on March 19, I cancelled and then booked on 57th street for $175.00.

Booking through Park Jockey was easy. I was able to cancel my 42nd Street reservation via email, and received my refund on my credit card a few days later.

When I arrived at the 57th street garage, the attendant took my voucher, redeemed it, and gave me a small card that fit in my wallet. Dropping off and picking up my car only took less than 10 minutes each time.

I live on Long Island. We have never driven in before for a cruise (have used bus or train in the past) but we are this time. I used the Spot Hero app and booked a spot at the Pier 83 lot for the week. It came to $190. It's a self-park lot like at Pier 88, so no valet involved which we liked. We are two adults, no children, and physically capable of dragging our luggage the .3 mile from Pier 83 to Pier 88. For us, the little walk is worth it to save $90.

Thanks for sharing this info. It looks like a great alternative to parking at Pier 88!!

You can book this from the Hilton website, you have to select packages under rate type and it will come up

how far out are you-coming from Dix Hills, i have a rate of $120 including tip (cash only), but only two of us

I"ve parked at the cruise terminal in New York and it was a great experience and we plan to do that again. I can't find the info online. Does anyone have the website? thanks

The cruise terminal's website is :

https://www.nycruise.com/

The parking page for the Manhatyan terminals is:

https://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

We stayed at Ridgefield Hilton last week and only paid $246 a night for four people. That included breakfast, ride to pier and pick up from pier. Even if you didn't need the hotel room, still cheaper than parking at pier. We left our car at hotel during cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We stayed at Ridgefield Hilton last week and only paid $246 a night for four people. That included breakfast, ride to pier and pick up from pier. Even if you didn't need the hotel room, still cheaper than parking at pier. We left our car at hotel during cruise.

That is a great price. How long did it take to get picked up once your returned to the pier? Was there any hassle?

That is a great price. How long did it take to get picked up once your returned to the pier? Was there any hassle?

No hassle at all. We did this same stay last June 2016 when we sailed the Breakaway, then again last week. In June we had a 20 minute wait. As soon as we cleared customs we called the number provided and they said they would send a car. Last Sunday, they told me 20 minutes, then I got a call back and they said there was someone already there waiting for us. We just walked out of the terminal! There were many people from our hotel doing this so they must of just had cars there waiting. I don't think that would be the norm. We even requested a SUV due to being too crowded with the 4 of us in a car. Would definitely do this a third time! Gosh even the toll for the bridge or tunnel over is $15-$20. You add that to breakfast, parking for a week and the room, you really can't beat that deal. Our breakfast was very good, buffet style but we could order special off the menu as well. The people at the hotel were so accommodating and very nice.

No hassle at all. We did this same stay last June 2016 when we sailed the Breakaway, then again last week. In June we had a 20 minute wait. As soon as we cleared customs we called the number provided and they said they would send a car. Last Sunday, they told me 20 minutes, then I got a call back and they said there was someone already there waiting for us. We just walked out of the terminal! There were many people from our hotel doing this so they must of just had cars there waiting. I don't think that would be the norm. We even requested a SUV due to being too crowded with the 4 of us in a car. Would definitely do this a third time! Gosh even the toll for the bridge or tunnel over is $15-$20. You add that to breakfast, parking for a week and the room, you really can't beat that deal. Our breakfast was very good, buffet style but we could order special off the menu as well. The people at the hotel were so accommodating and very nice.

We booked a room for our Jan 2018 sailing .....but our price for 4 people is $320. I probably should check with them again about the price. You mentioned using an SUV. I would hope that would be the norm for 4 people with luggage.

We booked a room for our Jan 2018 sailing .....but our price for 4 people is $320. I probably should check with them again about the price. You mentioned using an SUV. I would hope that would be the norm for 4 people with luggage.

They recently bumped the price up by between $50-60. At this time it appears that the rate after taxes ect is $343 per room. Originally I had planned on using this option, but with a party of 7 and needing 2 rooms....the price is just too much.

They recently bumped the price up by between $50-60. At this time it appears that the rate after taxes ect is $343 per room. Originally I had planned on using this option, but with a party of 7 and needing 2 rooms....the price is just too much.
Yes, I can see why you'd not take this option. 7 people probably means 2 cars or a huge van with all that luggage.

has anyone got to the terminal only to find out it was full? I want to drive in but worried it may be full

Rarely, if at all AND they do, backup on top of the alternate terminal parking. Breakaway is at Pier 88, Gem also uses Pier 88 but sometimes return to Pier 90 - on busy port days during peak season, there could be as many as 3 or 4 ships on a given day - doing various length of sailings & returning on different days. When rooftop parking at Pier 88 is full to capacity - others would be directed to park on top of Pier 90, which is right next to (further north) Pier 88, sharing the same access ramp.

Just remember which pier you used to disembark and park, in case your ship returned to a different pier - the parking lot folks also would know & help. And, there is extra parking at Pier 92 (further north) or nearby but all these years - never read about or heard of anyone parking far away.

This balcony pix taken from our ship docked at Pier 90, BA using Pier 88 - after we had our embarkation lunch ... there're plenty of vacant parking spaces, wide open. Nothing to worry about.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4wpqjrmer69rnh/P9220053.JPG?dl=0

Another angle toward the Hudson River

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmjkd5aa8ttly6j/P9220058.JPG?dl=0

Rarely, if at all AND they do, backup on top of the alternate terminal parking. Breakaway is at Pier 88, Gem also uses Pier 88 but sometimes return to Pier 90 - on busy port days during peak season, there could be as many as 3 or 4 ships on a given day - doing various length of sailings & returning on different days. When rooftop parking at Pier 88 is full to capacity - others would be directed to park on top of Pier 90, which is right next to (further north) Pier 88, sharing the same access ramp.

Just remember which pier you used to disembark and park, in case your ship returned to a different pier - the parking lot folks also would know & help. And, there is extra parking at Pier 92 (further north) or nearby but all these years - never read about or heard of anyone parking far away.

This balcony pix taken from our ship docked at Pier 90, BA using Pier 88 - after we had our embarkation lunch ... there're plenty of vacant parking spaces, wide open. Nothing to worry about.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4wpqjrmer69rnh/P9220053.JPG?dl=0

Another angle toward the Hudson River

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmjkd5aa8ttly6j/P9220058.JPG?dl=0

Perfecto!!!!

I did hear they were having trouble justifying the $246 night. I don't believe they are covering their cost. Of course the time of year makes a difference on price as well. Summer is always more expensive for hotel rooms anywhere. I know when we checked in Sat we got an Uber to NYC 911 museum and it cost us $54 there and $66 back to Ridgefield. So around $100 of that room price is probably the round trip car service. Then breakfast four four people.....leaving our car put it over the top.