What is status of SUMMIT?

yogagal47

Can anyone clear up my confusion? Is Summit in need of an update? Are the cabins dated? A cruise we were interested in out of Puerto Rico in January 2018 is sold out in Aqua Class. The suites look rather expensive and pics seem a bit dated. Appreciate any help. Thanks!

The Summit just went through dry dock last May or June I believe. Their suites were updated and it was given good refreshining (yes, I just made that up). We were on it in August and it was great. It was very clean and I didn't feel anything looked dated or dirty. Its and old ship (2001) but Celebrity has done a good job keeping up with all the changes and updates of other ships.

The Summit just went through dry dock last May or June I believe. Their suites were updated and it was given good refreshining (yes, I just made that up). We were on it in August and it was great. It was very clean and I didn't feel anything looked dated or dirty. Its and old ship (2001) but Celebrity has done a good job keeping up with all the changes and updates of other ships.

It was actually in Drydock Feb 2016 where they added the Rooftop terrace. It is an older ship but they do maintain it well. Have sailed it 3 times with the last being in December. Love the ship and the staff. It's currently having engine issues this spring and some sailings in April have been cancelled/shortened to fix the problem.