Live from the Majestic Princess preview cruise

dides

I think we'd give MSC a try .

We would love to try a brand new ship out of Trieste again - cannot spare the 21 days for the MSC Seaside TA though. If only we could get off in Barcelona after 6 days....

Of the four we have done so far our favourite has been the Poesia which was in Kotor with us.

You should both give them a try. Maybe Preziosa in September out of Southampton, some great deals on just now, think the drink package is still around £22 pp PD.

Who do you usually book with Dave and Sandra? a TA or direct?

We used Cruise.co.uk. They were ok but a couple of hicups eg;TA booked the hotel, I DIDN'T want, in Rome, so had to sort that out...that was on booking. THEN our transfer to the airport on disembarkation didn't arrive...when I called, they had been given the wrong date by our TA. They had no driver for us spare. We had to get a taxi, and be reimbursed, by Cruise....Cruise admitted liability. Luckily we had extra Euros on us to pay for the taxi fare, as Mark got extra euros out due to us going away in June. Stress we didnt want after a few restful days

Who do you usually book with Dave and Sandra? a TA or direct?

Have tried various TAs in the past but book direct with the cruise line now and do our own hotel bookings as like to be able to cancel easily. We did the bus and train transfer from Venice on our own to Trieste but chose the Princess transfer to Rome airport on the way home.

• 2 months later...

Just a quick note to say that the pictures I linked to on the preview thread will no longer display - Photobucket have changed their rules this last week to prevent 3rd party hosting unless you upgrade to a plan costing nearly $400 a year. Diabolical!

Sandra

Just a quick note to say that the pictures I linked to on the preview thread will no longer display - Photobucket have changed their rules this last week to prevent 3rd party hosting unless you upgrade to a plan costing nearly $400 a year. Diabolical!

I have moved them over to another host. Most of them now appear in my blog entry for the cruise.

Sandra

I have moved them over to another host. Most of them now appear in my blog entry for the cruise.

Sandra

Hi Sandra

How are you? I miss the Majestic. Seems only yesterday we were on there.

We've just booked a 5 dayer end of August on the P&O Azura.

Haven't been on here in a while and pleased to see you have a blog, so I'll follow that.

Take care and hope to cross paths with you again some time.

Liz

Hi Sandra

How are you? I miss the Majestic. Seems only yesterday we were on there.

We've just booked a 5 dayer end of August on the P&O Azura.

Take care and hope to cross paths with you again some time.

Liz

Hey Liz, oh yes, I wish we could do it all again! Loved Trieste and Kotor in particular and have a soft spot for the Majestic. But not enough to chase her halfway across the world!. We're sticking to her sister ships and the Sapphire (our first) plus off on a 2 dayer on P&O Arcadia tomorrow. Got to rack up those qualifying cruises!.

Sandra

Hey Liz, oh yes, I wish we could do it all again! Loved Trieste and Kotor in particular and have a soft spot for the Majestic. But not enough to chase her halfway across the world!. We're sticking to her sister ships and the Sapphire (our first) plus off on a 2 dayer on P&O Arcadia tomorrow. Got to rack up those qualifying cruises!.

Sandra

Hi, good to hear from you Sandra.

We have just booked a 5 nighter on the P&O Azura. Real good bargain. 28th August...yes, doing it for the points.

Funny thing is, we got chatting to a couple when out and about on the Majestic. Just the odd conversation, but I added the lady, Jo, on Facebook. Funnily enough, they too are on the same cruise ! Looking forward to seeing them again.

We did a 2 nighter on Britannia last September. Mark found it too much of a rush.

Maybe our paths will cross on a cruise one day.

We sailed from Singapore to Shanghai. Enjoyed the new ship and did not really feel that that there were that many people (3500) on board. Only time we really had to queue was in Korea where "immigration" wanted to see us all in the eye with our passports. That took a while and cut some tours short a bit.

Some things are different: "Horizons" is called another name and has a neighbouring "bistro". That is where you get your fried eggs for breakfast.. :) . No "Sabattini" but a "Crown Grill".

The theatre is just a bit bigger - and it should be - and has great shows with a lot of high tech.

Not sure if other Princess ships got this but the photo gallery is automated with "face recognistion". You don't need to search endlessly through galleries of photos. Enter your cabin number and birth date and the photos come up 9with the occasional mismatch).

Food and service were good as usual. Very enjoyable trip and we won't hesitate to book on the Majestic Princess again.

(We were in a mini suite on the 15th - M - deck forward)

For those interested in photos: got them all on my Flickr pages in an album: