Itinerary Change; Oct 31 '17, Silver Muse, Santiago to Buenos Aires

Stumblefoot

TA notified us today that our overnight in Punta Arenas has been cancelled and replaced with an overnight in Ushuaia. Has anyone ever spent the night there and if so, how did you spend your evening? I thought Ushuaia was just a jumping off point for the Antarctic, so was a bit caught off guard by the schedule change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been in Ushuaia twice pre and post Silver Exporer trips, trust me the best way to spend your evening is on the Silver Muse.

There is a big sign at the pier that says 'welcome to the end of the world' and it is. The town is a backpackers gathering point, no fine dining or shopping all pretty basic and a couple of hours walking you will see it all and be back on board.

I have been in Ushuaia twice pre and post Silver Exporer trips, trust me the best way to spend your evening is on the Silver Muse.

There is a big sign at the pier that says 'welcome to the end of the world' and it is. The town is a backpackers gathering point, no fine dining or shopping all pretty basic and a couple of hours walking you will see it all and be back on board.

I respectfully disagree. I was very pleasantly surprised by the place. I agree one would probably want to spend dinner/evening on the Muse. But the setting is spectacular, and there is a sightseeing bus (an old London Transport bus painted blue) that offers a one hour tour of the very hilly city. The bus goes only a couple of times a day and departs steps from the port entrance.

I respectfully disagree. I was very pleasantly surprised by the place. I agree one would probably want to spend dinner/evening on the Muse. But the setting is spectacular, and there is a sightseeing bus (an old London Transport bus painted blue) that offers a one hour tour of the very hilly city. The bus goes only a couple of times a day and departs steps from the port entrance.

Well, that's good to hear. Thanks for sharing Observer. Hopefully others will chime in that have been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk