Carnival Dream out of New Orleans

klarson1027

We are taking our 5 kids on a cruise out of New Orleans next February 4th on Carnival Dream. I am thinking about staying at Hilton Riverside the night before. I see it is expensive to park your car there. Is there anyway i can park my car at the port a day early? Has anyone stayed here before and how was it? Is it close to the port? Thank you

Fultons garage is close to the port and less expensive than parking at the port. You would probably need a taxi from Fultons to your hotel, although you could drop everything off at the hotel and one person walk back. It is a long walk, probably 30 minutes. There is a free shuttle to the cruise port. The hotel is connected to the center of Riverwalk mall, which has the cruise port at one end. The mall is a few blocks long, probably a 10 minute walk or so from the hotel to the cruise port through the mall and along a walkway that faces the river. You should be aware that the walkway to the cruise port does not have an elevator or ramp. There are 4 flights of stairs down, so if that is a problem, you would need to take a taxi or something from the hotel to the cruise port. It isn't really walkable from the front of the hotel to the port, but if you look hard enough...