Keeping your stuff safe at the beach?

ashleycrew

Several years ago I was at Atlantis resort while on a cruise and left my backpack out and had my wallet and all my money stolen. As you can imagine my day in Nassau excursion ended up going to the police station to report it then figuring out how to get back on the ship since my room card and drivers license was gone. The resort was very helpful and paid for my cab and the next time I was there comped me a day but now I am super paranoid about leaving my stuff around. Now there are 4 of us who go in totally different directions on beach days and I seem to be the one that has to hang our with 4 iPhones, wallets, cameras cash..... Any one have an recommendations on how they handle this. Is there a recommended back pack that can be locked and tethered to a chair. I definately don't want to have to take some crazy waterproof bag with me every time I go into the water.

Why would you bring a wallet? Mine goes in the safe day one and comes out the last day, same with our passports. When we go to shore I bring S&S card, DL, a little cash, and a credit card all in my bathing suit pocket. Many beach stops have lockers for rent if you must bring all that stuff with you.

Why would you bring a wallet? Mine goes in the safe day one and comes out the last day, same with our passports. When we go to shore I bring S&S card, DL, a little cash, and a credit card all in my bathing suit pocket. Many beach stops have lockers for rent if you must bring all that stuff with you.

I had my wallet with me the the time because we had our port cancelled the day before and we came into Nassau a day early so I booked a room at Atlantis and enjoyed the resort. As you can see from my signature I am not a newbie to this and aware of lockers..... but like to have my stuff close but for pics (an also I own a business so I need to check email and call.....) Just curious if someone has a recommended storage solution they use. thanks

I have the medium kyss bag for five years no and love it! Great bag for what you need but it's not waterproof.

The medium is pretty big so if you don't have much get the small one.

Thanks checked out the website and looks nice. They are backordered though and I leave a week from Tomorrow. Should have asked sooner :loudcry:

I have seen the KYSS bags and people really seem to like them. I haven't tried one, however.

There are also Aquavault travel safes. Haven't tried those either. They look a little bulky and will prob take up more space in your suitcase.

The aquavault flexsafe looks nice, although we do not have one.

• 3 weeks later...

last year on a day trip to local beach spot --couldnt leave anything on the bus because it will be a different one to carry us home so -----I bought a flexible bike lock chain anand locked up my olding chair to railing so I didnt have to lug it with me into shops and restauants--maybe this will give you an idea[

Credit card, sea pass, ID, and cash go into a sandwich baggie inside of my swimsuit. They can all get wet. My backpack holds sunscreen, sun hat, water, flip flops, and cover-up - all stuff I can live without. (Not that I wouldn't be angry about having it stolen!) My phone stays in the cabin safe.

I have the small KYSS bag. It holds a ton of stuff and has several inside pockets. I use it as my personal item on the plane as it will fit under the seat. I am not even sure I could have handled the medium bag. I love the bag and received in less than a week from ordering. I was in contact with the company before I ordered and informed them I was leaving on my cruise in a bit over a week. They were wonderful to work with.