Booking Future Cruise Onboard For Someone Else - Learned Something

poffles

Well, just learned that if the person on the ship is not booking a future cruise for themselves, then booking for anyone else will not get any advantage such as reduced deposit or additional OBC. Friends are sailing now and they are not booking for themselves but I was getting them to do a booking for me and just found out that it is the same as if I booked myself from home. :loudcry: No point to that.

We booked for someone else in May 2016 and they got the reduced deposit. Things might have changed. I did learn if your booking a suite higher than a Sky Suite you will pay the full deposit. Might this be the case?

We booked for someone else in May 2016 and they got the reduced deposit. Things might have changed. I did learn if your booking a suite higher than a Sky Suite you will pay the full deposit. Might this be the case?

Yes but did you book too? They were booking a regular veranda for me but they were told no OBC or reduced deposit for us ... but again the difference being they were not booking for themselves too.

Oh and I will add that I did this for them on a prior cruise. I was sailing, them not, and I booked for them and they got offers and OBC and reduced deposit on theirs, but I was also booking a cabin for myself.

So I know you can do this and they will get OBC and reduced deposit if the one sailing is booking too, just surprised to discover it makes a difference and I guess typically the one sailing would be booking something for themselves.

Edited to add that the ones currently on board said the agent at the Future Cruise office was calling Head Office to see if they could offer anything ... even the reduced deposit so have to stay tuned but I may not hear from my friends for a while as they will likely go off the grid soon and shut all their phones off.

Yes but did you book too? They were booking a regular veranda for me but they were told no OBC or reduced deposit for us ... but again the difference being they were not booking for themselves too.

Yes we booked the same cruise. We booked 3 A1 cabins.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

Yes, you have to make a booking for yourselves and then you may book for others. We booked an upcoming cruise for ourselves, and then booked two other staterooms for our grown children (who were not on that cruise with us at the time.) They each received the same that we did. Perks, booking OBC, and reduced deposits.

Have done it before when we booked a cruise for ourselves and also for my brother and his wife. ;)

Well, they aren't back but we were able to hear from them to know that they were able to book for us with the reduced deposit. Not really a perk in the end but was good for us for now so we could at least grab the booking with little out of pocket right now, and in time to get the two perk offer and the other slight cost reduction Celebrity was offering (was reduced by $130 CAD pp) so we are happy.

The ones sailing now did end up booking a cruise for themselves but it was on a different ship/sailing.