When do the 2019 cruises open up?

elainmir

I want to book our 20th anniversary cruise to Alaska. But I want to have a good selection of aft balcony rooms and dates to choose from. Can anyone tell me when those cruise schedules come out?

Alaska 2019 probably won't be open until spring 2018 . They usually have two Alaska season available at one time. This so that the current year can book a cruise to Alaska for the next year.

I am actually amazed that people plan cruises 2+ yrs in advance....wow

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Both booked for this year and both for next year. Booked the Vista cruise for Oct 2017 in Jan 2016.

My BF is a football coach, there is only a two week period each year we can take vacations. The vista is moving to Galveston (our home port) and we want to try a Havana Suite. So yes, with only four Havana suites on board, I have to plan out two years in advance.

My great aunt and great uncle used to cruise all the time. They would book cruises way in advance. My great aunt had cancer. She'd go years in remission but it would keep coming back. But she would always have cruises booked way in advance, because it gave her something to look forward to! This went on for 10+ years

Sadly, she passed away 6 years ago. But I know she will always be with me in spirit when I'm cruising!

My great aunt and great uncle used to cruise all the time. They would book cruises way in advance. My great aunt had cancer. She'd go years in remission but it would keep coming back. But she would always have cruises booked way in advance, because it gave her something to look forward to! This went on for 10+ years

Sadly, she passed away 6 years ago. But I know she will always be with me in spirit when I'm cruising!

Beautiful story....thanks..Godspeed to her and many good travels to you and yours.

So much depends on schedules, how folks money comes in, a family's pace...etc.

Thanks everyone! I'm looking for a memorable one for our 20th. I think either that or the Horizon....but I'm leaning towards Alaska.

You CANNOT go wrong with Alaska !! My wife and I did the 7-day Alaskan CCL Spirit out of Seattle in June/2010/balcony Tracy's Fiord which included Juneau,Skagway,Ketchcan and the scenery is BREATHTAKING ! ! NO matter which line you chose ( I think CCL Legend is there now) it's been seven years and I still get a thrill out of the photos we took. So be sure to take a camera w/extra batteries . I think Cruise Critic has a site here for Alaska and you can pick up some tips about what to see and do in the ports your ship will visit. it's definitely a trip you'll never forget. Just one tip (from my experience) even though our trip was in June, it was still chilly, so weather can be unpredictable so before you leave check the local weather there. Just in case you need some rain gear (poncho, rain hat) or a sweater. Either way !! IF you decide on AK have a FANTASTIC cruise !!

Mac..

I know that when my time comes and that final 'underway horn' sounds for my final cruise I have decided on cremation and told my wife I'd love for her and my sister to take a 'buddy cruise' to G.Cayman (Our first date in 1993) and see if it's possible to leave my ashes in those beautiful clear, warm blue-green waters.

Mac

I'm waiting for them to become available too. We will be celebrating our 30th anniversary with family and friends. Trying to decide best time to go. Probably end of June or July so more can bring their kiddos.

I booked 2 in 2016 for our cruise in 2018 and 1 in 2017 to cruise in 2019 that gives me plenty time to pay them off and look for more to book.

• 1 month later...

First and Ten. Not really surprising for many. Every 2 years we do a family cruise (16-20) people each time. Easier for everyone to plan it early so they can adjust schedules and in some cases to budget. The opposite year we do cruise with a huge group of fellow travellers. Started with a couple we met on ship years ago and booked a cruise together 6 months later. Now anywhere from 80-120 prove, again logistics. Sometimes it's a specific cabin on a specific ship for a specific itinerary. Only downside, make sure you have really good travel insurance😉