Shuttle from Orlando airport

minniem

We are looking at a Disney cruise and will be flying into the Orlando airport. Does Disney have a shuttle that will take us from the airport to Port Canaveral?

We have always sailed out of Fort Lauderdale on other cruise lines. The airport and cruise port are very close but I see on the map Orlando airport is far from the port. How do people get to the cruise port?

Maybe we had a really good deal, but when we cruised last year, we found that it was less expensive to rent the car for a week, pay for parking at the cruise terminal and let the car sit while we cruised rather than doing two one-way rentals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It really depends on how many of you there are. I researched this like crazy over the last several months. Ultimately I chose the shuttle service recommended by our hotel. It turned out to be less than $30 a person each way. It's called Smart Two Shuttle https://www.smart-two.com/en/transportation/orlando-airport/shuttles/port-canaveral/index.html

I don't leave for a couple of weeks myself otherwise I'd tell you how they were but I will after!

Car rentals were my first decision but the prices were all over the place. Then I'd read other posters saying how it can be very confusing and long lines at the port turning in your car before you depart. Also very frustrating if you get separated from the rest of your party. With two small children we opted for the convenience of getting shuttles from our hotel to the port. (This is a different shuttle obviously then the one from the airport since we fly in the day before the cruise). If you're coming in the same day as your cruise the smart two people will drop you right at the port as well as on when you leave. Good luck to you either way!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another point to consider is whether you are on a participating airline or not. On a participating air line and using DCL transfers from Port Canaveral to MCO, you can put your luggage outside your cabin the last night of the cruise and not see it again until you arrive at your home airport--you get your boarding passes and luggage tags in your cabin. Other cruise lines charge for this service. DCL has no charge, but you must be using DCL transfers at least one way. This is so convenient that it is worth the cost of the transfers IF you are on a participating airline.

It really depends on how many of you there are. I researched this like crazy over the last several months. Ultimately I chose the shuttle service recommended by our hotel. It turned out to be less than $30 a person each way. It's called Smart Two Shuttle https://www.smart-two.com/en/transportation/orlando-airport/shuttles/port-canaveral/index.html

I don't leave for a couple of weeks myself otherwise I'd tell you how they were but I will after!

My daughter and family just used this shuttle service from Orlando airport to the Residence Inn. They were very satisfied with the price, comfort and service and would use it again.

Hope this helps.

Good to hear that there's another good shuttle service available.

You really need to look at what you are getting and what you are paying (or saving). For instance, if you use DCL transfers AND you fly in on the day of the cruise, they will claim your luggage for you at MCO. I do not advocate flying in on the morning of the cruise, but people do this. For 2 of us, we'd save $10 by using a private shuttle but we'd have to do our own luggage claim and take the bags to the driver. In my younger days and before my traveling partner became disabled, I 'd save the money in a heartbeat. Now I look for convenience, even if it costs a little more.

On the other hand, if I am flying in the day before the cruise (which is my usual), a private shuttle is a great thing!