Cruise Logs for Kids...

BusBoy

When I was a Bechtel brat being dragged all over the globe by my parents, my brother and I were lucky enough to have received flight logs for our trips (British Airways Junior Jet Club) We got to go see the Captain, sit in the co-pilot's seat, check out where they slept... very cool stuff for a kid on 10-15 hour flights. Back then, as a kid I explored every inch I could of a 747 during those long hours.

Looking back thru my JJC logbook and all its miles I remember what fun I had. Looking at cruising for the family I was thinking of my young daughters and wondering if anyone has heard of something like this being done on cruise vessels?? The flight version had Date - Craft Reg - From - To - Flt Number - # Miles - # Hours and the Captain Sig.

I think it would be a blast to go back and look at stuff the captain logged and wrote out the trip length, ports visited, weather and so on. Heck Im not all together sure what else might be a good thing to see.

Anywho... If no one has heard of something like this Im think Im going to to create something for the girls to log their voyages.

Thoughts on What should be a cruise log??

When I was a Bechtel brat being dragged all over the globe by my parents, my brother and I were lucky enough to have received flight logs for our trips (British Airways Junior Jet Club) We got to go see the Captain, sit in the co-pilot's seat, check out where they slept... very cool stuff for a kid on 10-15 hour flights. Back then, as a kid I explored every inch I could of a 747 during those long hours.

Looking back thru my JJC logbook and all its miles I remember what fun I had. Looking at cruising for the family I was thinking of my young daughters and wondering if anyone has heard of something like this being done on cruise vessels?? The flight version had Date - Craft Reg - From - To - Flt Number - # Miles - # Hours and the Captain Sig.

I think it would be a blast to go back and look at stuff the captain logged and wrote out the trip length, ports visited, weather and so on. Heck Im not all together sure what else might be a good thing to see.

Anywho... If no one has heard of something like this Im think Im going to to create something for the girls to log their voyages.

Thoughts on What should be a cruise log??

nice idea would also be great for them to have a spot to put a few pictures as well as a spot for them to write some of their own fave memories of the trip

Could also include a page of stats for each port. Population, main crop, average temperature, interesting facts and so on. Plus maybe a map of either the island or the city. That way they could learn a little bit about each place.