Spirit 9A room, wow!

michelle2

We were on the Spirit Nov 8-16. I booked a balcony guarantee and we received room 7301 a 9A! Wow was this room nice. The balcony was huge. We had 2 full lounge chairs like the ones by the pool, 2 regular chairs, 2 reclining chairs and 2 tables. We used the balcony a ton. The room is definitely bigger than a regular balcony room. It has more storage, an extra chair, and granite counter tops. I'm not sure how I'll go back to a regular room. I've been spoiled! Anyway, we had a great trip. Wonderful ports of call and wonderful food. Let me know if you have any questions...

This room is layed out a little different than most. It is the last one on the hallway so instead of walking straight into your room you turn to the left to enter the door (if that makes any sense). So, when you enter the door are looking across the room and into the bathroom. The ocean is on your right. The bathroom opens into the main part of the room.

We were on the Spirit Nov 8-16. I booked a balcony guarantee and we received room 7301 a 9A! Wow was this room nice. The balcony was huge. We had 2 full lounge chairs like the ones by the pool, 2 regular chairs, 2 reclining chairs and 2 tables. We used the balcony a ton. The room is definitely bigger than a regular balcony room. It has more storage, an extra chair, and granite counter tops. I'm not sure how I'll go back to a regular room. I've been spoiled! Anyway, we had a great trip. Wonderful ports of call and wonderful food. Let me know if you have any questions...

We were on her this past spring in 7303,got a peek at your room befoer we got off the ship in San Deigo.Nice digs!!!

We didn't hear any noise from the elevators or hallway. It was a very quiet room.

Here's what we did in the ports:

Acapulco - We took a taxi to the Hyatt. We hung out on the beach and in the pools. My husband had a massage on the beach - 45 minutes for $25. What a deal! We went back to the ship for dinner, and then we took another taxi to see the cliff divers. I would really recommend both of these. We saw the cliff divers from the "mirador area". It was only $8 for two adults and two kids, and that included 4 sodas!

Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa - We took Carnival's "Ixtapa Island Getaway". It was a nice a day at the beach but probably a little overpriced at $49 each. Your actual beach time is only about 2 hours.

Manzanillo - We took Carnival's "Cuyutlan Turtle Experience". We had a great time. We got to release baby sea turtles into the ocean. We took a canoe ride into a lagoon and saw lots of cool birds and a crocodile. We had a wonderful meal at a local restaurant in Cuyutlan. I highly recommend this excursion. Before we went I searched on these boards for reviews of this excursion and didn't find a whole lot of people who had done it. We really enjoyed it. This was our favorite port.

Thanks Michelle

I've been doing a search on these ports & not much info out there - I really appreciate your help. Wasn't considering the turtles, as we had seen the turtle farm in GC, but this sounds a bit different - think I'll suggest it to the family.

We were upgraded to Room 7299 (9A right next to 7301) on the Legend for our honeymoon! It was a great room! I was a bit concerned at first because of the elevators, but we didn't hear a thing either - it was more of a perk to be so close to the elevator.

Archived