Suites on Vision of the Seas

We were Diamond when we had the OS on the Vision in 2003. We did not receive any of the perks Mike mentioned. Way to go Mike, somebody liked you!

BTW, did you have Miss Ellis as your cabin attendant?

Yes, we did! Small world.. She was telling us that she was trying to transferr to the Navigator of the Seas. Her family is in Jamaica and that would allow her to see her family every other week. We sailed the Navigator that next summer and was looking for her, but never found her. She was a super lady and took very good care of us.

Mike

capnlars (and other Vision Owner's Suite veterans),

It's obvious that the cabin itself is fantastic! None of you have mentioned the noise from above the Owner's Suites. Has it not been a problem?

Thanks, in advance!

I haven't been in an OS on Vision yet (5 more weeks, though!!). On Monarch - which is similar in layout - we've had the same room and the RS that's on the other side of the ship. Although below the Windjammer, we really didn't hear much noise at all. No noise from the hallway as it's a non-traffic area...almost like a private hallway for the 2 OSs in front. The RS on the Monarch was another story though. Karaoke, which went untill 1am, sounded like they were on our balcony.

We had cabin 8000 and do not remember having any noise problem. My wife was startled a couple of times while she was out on the balcony when the Captain would say "good moring." The wing bridge is right next to this cabin. Kinda neat!!

Mike

We were Diamond when we had the OS on the Vision in 2003. We did not receive any of the perks Mike mentioned. Way to go Mike, somebody liked you!

BTW, did you have Miss Ellis as your cabin attendant?

Here is a picture of my wife with Miss Ellis. ( I think)

1845987615_PA200016small.jpg.41e33f6eb284176257b0e9634f486859.jpg

mcarnett, yes, I think that is Ms Ellis! She was just adorable and from Jamaica. When we were moving into the cabin she took a bag of my husbands magic stuff as she thought the prior guests had left it. She went out of her way to track it down. I think the best thing she did was arrange to have a tray of coffee left outside my door each morning. No phone call, no doorbell..just left in the hall. Perfect! I left a generous tip the last morning for the room service person she had contracted with. Even a $20 has not convinced any other steward to arrange this. Were you by any chance on one of the Hawaii repostioning cruises?

No, this was a Mexican Riviera Cruise. Hawaii is in our future after the Panama Canal.

Will be up your way next summer for our Alaskan cruise. The Vision will leave from Seattle for this cruise. It is also a Crown & Anchor members cruise. Will be a lot of fun.

Mike

Tony,

Your cruise is comming up very soon.

Have A great vacation and injoy the suite to it's fullest. (sp)

Dale

Dale & Evelyn, that you very much for your thoughts and good wishes. The same to you both on your upcoming cruise.

I will be in touch when I get home, and I'll have blow by blow details of my experience(s). I'm actually taking my laptop to record daily memoirs.

Dale & Evelyn, that you very much for your thoughts and good wishes. The same to you both on your upcoming cruise.

I will be in touch when I get home, and I'll have blow by blow details of my experience(s). I'm actually taking my laptop to record daily memoirs.

Tony,

Thanks, I can hardly wait to hear all about it.

I forget to ask you, did your parents ever hear from the Conceraige with them having a GS ?

Just wondering...

Dale

• 2 weeks later...

Larry & Nancy,

I see your in Simi Valley, Ca.

I lived in Oxnard for 15 years prior to moving to Salinas 11 years ago. We were in Ventura recently and was blown away at how much the area has changed. Wondering if Simi has grown just as much .

Tony,

I am hopping that your cruise was the best...

Calm seas and warm weather.....

Looking forward to any and all info...

Dale

Dale & Evelyn. I'm back! I don't want to be, but here I am. Cruise was great. No, the folks never heard from VIP Services. CAPNLARS. As soon as I settle in (maybe Monday the 19th), I'll post my cruise review. It's a LONG one, but should make for interesting reading. I'll also be posting about 200 photo's of Vision and some of the M&M folks I met onboard and partied with.

Talk with you all soon.

PS. I already booked next years cruise. December 17th, 2006. Same suite. Oh, for Larry and Nancy. Dry dock will be first weeks of January for 9 days. Ship be in San Francisco, Hunters Point Naval Yard for a make over.

Tony - looking forward to your impressions and photos - thanks for taking the time for us.

Dale and Evelyn - Yes, Simi has changed much even in the 4 years we've been here (moved from Santa Barbara). Median home price is now 635. They are building huge developments up in the northern border hills starting at 750K up to 10's of millions. Simi got a "real" mall a couple of months ago. Even though it's getting crowded, it's still in the top 10 of safest cities with population > 100,000. We're relocating to South Florida in June. I'm looking forward to no state taxes and not having to be politically correct. I'm not looking forward to having to watch the weather channel all the time.

Tony, Welcome home...

Can't wait to see and read all about your cruise...

Thanks in advance for al you do..

Larry and Nancy, Simi sounds like Salinas and MOnterey area, Home prices are going thru the roof, Average price in Salinas now is over 700, 000.00

Talk about insane pricing...

Florida sounds nice, South Florida puts you close to the Cruise ships, MOre chances to cruise to differant ports of call..

Tony, Welcome home...

Can't wait to see and read all about your cruise...

Thanks in advance for al you do..

Larry and Nancy, Simi sounds like Salinas and MOnterey area, Home prices are going thru the roof, Average price in Salinas now is over 700, 000.00

Talk about insane pricing...

Florida sounds nice, South Florida puts you close to the Cruise ships, MOre chances to cruise to differant ports of call..

We're close to 4 ports. An advantage to living near LA is we can do a quick 3-nighter without a lot of planning. Also, I have a small plane, so it's 30 minutes to Freeport, under 2 hrs to Grand Cayman, under an hour to Key West or Disney.

Hi all. I'm back from Mexico's Rivera and have photo's of the ship, OS 8000 and GS 8008, ports and other stuff. If anyone is interested in seeing the latest photo's from Vision of the Seas, please shoot me an email so I can send you a link.

This would have been good for our last cruise Nov 05 59of us. So how do you arrange a party in the room? What will they bring/costs? You can email me at my cruisecritic name just add @aol.com

We are booking the Freedom Presidential Suite in 2007. We will have about 40 -50 in our group this time and would like to have a sail away party from there. Can you send me any info please.

thanks

Shane

This would have been good for our last cruise Nov 05 59of us. So how do you arrange a party in the room? What will they bring/costs? You can email me at my cruisecritic name just add @aol.com

We are booking the Freedom Presidential Suite in 2007. We will have about 40 -50 in our group this time and would like to have a sail away party from there. Can you send me any info please.

thanks

Shane

Shane, I was going to do the party thing that cost money. But after just sailing and learning the "in's and out's," I'll tell you how to have a party in your room / suite "free" of charge. The Windjammer Cafe is open most of the day. If you plan a party say sometime during the early hours, before dinner. You can either go to the Windjammer and grab fruits, cheese, salad or whatever you would like to serve to your guest and take it back to your room. You can take a few people with you and get your stuff that way, or make a few trips. The other way is to order stuff via rooms service. You can order as much as you like and have it send right to your room. The menu has fresh fruit, turkey sandwiches and sea food, pita bread type sandwiches. Again, it's all FREE. If you have a suite, you'll also have a frig. to keep the stuff alive for awhile.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your plans.

Tony,

Wondering how the cruise was for you, and what type service you received and or perks by having an Owners Suite on the Vision.

Did you dine with the Capt. ?

Was the red carpet rolled out for you ?

Would you book the same Catagory again based on your past cruise ?

Just wondering ....

Dale

Hi all. I'm back from Mexico's Rivera and have photo's of the ship, OS 8000 and GS 8008, ports and other stuff. If anyone is interested in seeing the latest photo's from Vision of the Seas, please shoot me an email so I can send you a link.

Would love to have pictures of the rooms as we are booked on GOS, which is a vision ship also, and have a OS booked...Thanks in advance!!!!!Mamatrouble2003@yahoo.com

.......Would you book the same Catagory again based on your past cruise ?

Just wondering ....

Dale

Dale,

Our first cruise on RCI (Monarch) was an OS. Once you've been there - it's tough to go back!!! We did an RS on Monarch in August this year (OS wasn't available and it was a BDay gift for Nancy) and actually liked the OS better because it was less noisy at night (from Karaoke). We've also done the middle of the "hump" OS (1320) on Mariner in July, and already rebooked the same room for July '06. The OS on Mariner is about the same size as the RS on Monarch.

Only 2 weeks from Sunday for us - we're very excited. I'll post pictures and review.

Larry

Archived