Suites on Vision of the Seas

Would love to have pictures of the rooms as we are booked on GOS, which is a vision ship also, and have a OS booked...Thanks in advance!!!!!Mamatrouble2003@yahoo.com

Hi Debbie. Sorry for the delay in sending the pictures. I just read your post. Anyway, the pictures were sent to you today. Any questions? Shoot me an email and I'll try to help. Enjoy the pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got word from someone onboard the 1/10 3-day cruise that:

1) No specialty restaurant has been added

2) No concierge lounge has been added

He also said there's still cleanup work going on from the drydock that ended on the 10th. He said it would be finished by the time we go on Sunday the 15th.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just got back from Vision - it was fantastic!!

We had OS 8000 - great room, will post link to pictures very soon - hopefully today. Took lots of the suite per requests.

I took notes to write a review - that will post on the main RCI board soon.

Hello all,

Nancy has posted her photos from our 1/15 Vision Cruise today. There's plenty of pictures of the cabin - but also from the rest of our trip. You can go to: http://community.webshots.com/album/546603398pqWfTf

We had OS 8000. Port side, first room. It was great. For special treatment, we got:

- Priority Tender tickets

- Emails/letter from RCI before cruise asking if we'd want anything special

- Treats delivered to room on sea days

- Priority board/disembark

- Robes

- Fruit in room on arrival

- Obvious levels of extra attention in dining room and at bars

- Table for 2 as requested

Also, head waiter told us that dining staff is told when they have someone in the RS or OS. He said it's kind of a competition for the staff who gets RS and OS people.

We did not get invited to the Captains table. It was not used during our dinner (main seating). I don't know if it's different at late seating or whether having late seating would matter to get you the invite.

Room steward - Ray - was awesome and a lot of fun. One night we made a "person" out of the pillows and some clothes, sitting on the bed holding a flashing-light drink glass. We turned off the lights and pulled all the curtains so it was dark. We come back from dinner to Ray standing in the hallway outside our door saying "All right - who's idea was that???". He got a bit of a start when he walked in and thought someone was there. He talked about it the rest of the trip.

Also, we found out that any staff that sees your sail-and-sign card will know what cabin you are in. It's kind of encoded on there. It will show what "class" of service you are in and the last 3 digits of your cabin number....so ours said "002/000". I assume royal suite would be "001/500" (room 8500).

There was not much noise, except from the really loud people in the room 2-away. They had a family of 5 in that OS. The movement of the ship is pronounced all the way in front. We happen to love that - I slept like a baby the entire trip. The trip back is usually rougher than the trip there. On the way south, you typically have sea and wind from the back - so it's more of a rolling thing. The way home, you are into the sea and the wind, so there's more of a pitching motion. Some places on the ship - especially in the Schooner bar - make a lot of creaking noises as the ship moves and flexes. The sounds in the cabin from the ship moving come from the ceiling, and sound like packing foam being squished. None of this was un-pleasant.

I'm still writing a full review (and it's a long one) - but it'll be up soon.

Larry

We were on the Vision a few years back and had a Grand Suite. In our opinion you are not getting much of anything in terms of perks with the suite. About the only thing you are getting is the square footage. We have been in "concierge class" on Celebrity twice and you get far better service and perks than we had in the suite on Vision. The room was nice... but when we first entered the room there were several issues. The people before us had ripped the phone out of the wall and pulled one of the brass bars that surrounds one of the shelves almost completely off, so these items had to be repaired on the go.

the room steward on Vision was nowhere near as competent or attentive as what we have had in lower categories on other lines.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived