"Ghost" 5th person

hulksmash

Looking to book a Yacht Club suite, but want the 3rd bed. I will pay for the "5th" person, but they will not show up to board. Has anyone else done this?

I assume from your other posts you are on Seaside. Aside from the two person YC cabins it looks like the bed choices are master bed with a single couch for three people, double couch for four people, and add a single pullman for five people. So to me, it looks like the only thing that can bump you out of a five person cabin booked for four people is someone actually trying to book five people, which I suppose is your dilemma. I feel this is very unlikely, but possible, so can understand if you want to guarantee that bed configuration. I'm sure it has been done before and do think you can still get the taxes and fees refunded when that fifth person is a no-show.

The MSC site may not let 4 people book a stateroom that has a capacity for 5. Using a "ghost" 5th person may be the easiest option.

Their system seems to steer you into the more appropriate cabin, but it totally depends on availability. I had to book my two into a four person cabin, and now hope to not get moved if there is a cancellation in a lower occupancy cabin.

Their system seems to steer you into the more appropriate cabin, but it totally depends on availability. I had to book my two into a four person cabin, and now hope to not get moved if there is a cancellation in a lower occupancy cabin.

It was the bedding for us. The queen and then the sofa bed and two teenagers of the opposite sex sharing the bed is not an option. It was an extra 175 for the room with 3 beds, so not too bad and it is worth it to avoid the drama of bedding.

It was an extra 175 for the room with 3 beds, so not too bad and it is worth it to avoid the drama of bedding.

Definitely worth it for the assurance of what you get. I suppose I could do the same to "guarantee" my current cabin. I'm also picky about location and will possibly be very mad if moved.

Hulksmash, did you see this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52773862#post52773862

For some reason I assumed all the YC cabins without any symbols were for two people, it turns out some are for four people and have two pullmans.

Thank you, I will check into this.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app