Adventure is coming to Cape Liberty!!!!!!

Ok so I'm sure i'm not the first to discover this but it looks like Adventure will be doing cruises out of Cape Liberty in 2018! I have to say I was shocked when I saw that (in a very good way), I didn't go on Explorer until the very end of her service out of Cape Liberty so I was always disappointed I never got to experience the Explorer more and I wasn't totally sold on Quantum class, so I am excited and will have to try the Adventure! As of now it looks like only cruises to the Bahamas and Canada. Anyone know if this is a long term visit? Also any reason this decision was made? Adventure has spent a long time in San Juan and I was certain it'd be a while before we saw another Voyager or Freedom class ship come back to Cape Liberty, hence why I was shocked.

For a while I was considering flying down to Florida to catch a Freedom/Voyager class cruise or even flying to San Juan for Adventure, but it looks like that won't be necessary anymore! An hour drive to Cape Liberty is a lot better and less expensive.

But Anthem is much better suited to the cooler trips down to and back from the Caribbean in winter.

That was the sales pitch, but don't necessarily agree.

Anthems enclosed solarium pool gives it an edge over Explorers which was uncovered (Adventure is covered). However in rough seas I'll take a Voyager class ship over Quantum class every time. Have sailed both from NJ to Caribbean in winter and found Q class much less stable.

I'm glad everyone is excited about it! my parents went on Anthem and they said Explorer was better, not that they hated it, they said Anthem was a beautiful ship. I've never been to the Bahamas so maybe I would enjoy it, I think I'm more interested in the ship anyway lol. I've been to Canada and New England before and they are beautiful places, but I think I'd prefer the tropical destination.

Anthems enclosed solarium pool gives it an edge over Explorers which was uncovered (Adventure is covered).... .

Adventure is the twin of Explorer, both have uncovered Solariums.

Anthems enclosed solarium pool gives it an edge over Explorers which was uncovered (Adventure is covered). However in rough seas I'll take a Voyager class ship over Quantum class every time. Have sailed both from NJ to Caribbean in winter and found Q class much less stable.

Is adventure's solarium being covered a recent change?

Adventure has an open adults only solarium. Anthem has an enclosed solarium and enclosed pool so way better for cooler climates than Adventure. Unless major revamps have happened on both ships the nI'm sure that's right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Freedom in San Juan, another surprising change! I guess it's a popular spot and they want a bigger ship there. Any other big deployment changes going on across the fleet?

Freedom in San Juan, another surprising change! I guess it's a popular spot and they want a bigger ship there. Any other big deployment changes going on across the fleet?

Adventure to New Jersey and Port Everglades.

I see they're going to have 7 night cruises to Bermuda out of Boston on Serenade, I don't recall that being an option for Boston before, I could be wrong though.

This is definitely a new option for Boston.