Hotel in Galveston TX near cruise port

Going on Liberty of the Seas next April,2018. Please help me with a hotels near port and store?

I'd recommend staying in League City. That puts you about 20 minutes away from the port, but saves a good amount of money compared to Galveston.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thank you, is it within walking distance to any stores or attractions?

We were able to walk to restaurants, bars, and the cruise terminal from the Harbor House. Don't recall any stores.

Thank you, is it within walking distance to any stores or attractions?

Well, that will depend on how far you are willing to walk for a meal. :D We have been there several times over the decades and traditional grocery stores can be hard to find near the seawall...where most of the hotels are located. Probably has to do with the cost (and availability) of land.

League City is a good suggestion...as is Texas City to save a little money.

Another thing to remember is Galveston ALWAYS has something going on. It is a popular destination for motorcycle rallies, art festivals, etc. and with The Strand, Moody Gardens and the other historical places the hotels can be hard to find.

• 3 months later...
I'd recommend staying in League City. That puts you about 20 minutes away from the port, but saves a good amount of money compared to Galveston.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Agree with this!! We stayed at the Hampton Inn.....nice place, good rate, and near lots of restaurant options. Also, only about 20 minutes to Galveston the morning of departure.

We were able to walk to restaurants, bars, and the cruise terminal from the Harbor House. Don't recall any stores.

Another recommendation for the Harbor House!!! Wonderful place to walk around near the water and the staff there was excellent, friendly and helpful!! Would have loved to stay there for several more days just to enjoy the neighborhood!!:hearteyes: