Hub App

august1963

I gather this app is $5 per person.... But do you have to pay for the Carnival WiFi to use the App? Would you recommend this app for communicating with your family aboard the ship? We have our 18 year old along with us and can't always find her.....

Yes it uses the ships wifi and is free , but if you want to use the chat feature it's $7 per day per person. We didn't need to communicate with anyone else on the ship but the app had the fun times and allows you to set reminders for shows. You can also check your account at anytime.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The app is free to use. It has a digital copy of the Fun Times and you can check your S&S balance. You can even set reminders for activities you want to attend.

For a $5 per device upgrade, you can add a chat-like feature. It lets you chat with other people on the ship (and only on the ship) and it works wonderfully. That's $5 for the entire cruise per device.

This has nothing to do with the internet package. This is a completely different service.

Sent from my VS986 using Forums mobile app

The app is free to use. It has a digital copy of the Fun Times and you can check your S&S balance. You can even set reminders for activities you want to attend.

For a $5 per device upgrade, you can add a chat-like feature. It lets you chat with other people on the ship (and only on the ship) and it works wonderfully. That's $5 for the entire cruise per device.

This has nothing to do with the internet package. This is a completely different service.

This is totally correct. On Splendor My dd and I were able to send "texts" using the hub app all cruise for $5 per phone. It worked great for us. Just make sure your data roaming is turned off (place phone on airplane mode).

Yes it uses the ships wifi and is free , but if you want to use the chat feature it's $7 per day per person. We didn't need to communicate with anyone else on the ship but the app had the fun times and allows you to set reminders for shows. You can also check your account at anytime.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are talking about the chat feature on Hub app, you do not need to buy a wifi plan, it's $5 for each device for the entire cruise.

Using the app for the Fun Times, your account and reminders for shows is free.

So, in order to get this chat feature I will just have to download the free app? Do I have to wait until we get on the ship?

Yes. Go ahead and download the app anytime. There is a "log me in, I'm aboard" button on the app. Then you give it your folio number and it charges the $5 to your S&S.

Just got back off the Miracle. I loved having this app. It was so much more convenient that leaving notes in people's mail boxes or on doors. We kept in touch with one another, checked activity times and places, and easily checked our daily account balances. So worth the five bucks (for the entire cruise, not per day!)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

just back off Triumph - used the app and found it very useful. you can favorite the things you want to see and it alerts you when its getting close to the event time. (basically a digital version of funtimes ) plus that chat feature was very handy for keeping in touch

What's the reception like from floor to floor and inside cabins? I know my regular cellular signal (before we left port) was greatly diminished as I went toward the center of the ship and into my cabin. They must have hotspots throughout?

A few years ago my daughter had a curfew on the last evening. Needless to say, she did not show up. She was having trouble saying goodbye to her friends. My husband was looking all over the ship for her.....boy, was he angry! So, this chat feature would be very nice! As long as we're not accidentally getting roaming charges somehow.....

A few years ago my daughter had a curfew on the last evening. Needless to say, she did not show up. She was having trouble saying goodbye to her friends. My husband was looking all over the ship for her.....boy, was he angry! So, this chat feature would be very nice! As long as we're not accidentally getting roaming charges somehow.....

Make sure airplane mode is on. Data roaming should then be off automatically and you are good to go!