Sending and receiving Texts from/to Ship

Trobrah

I have an Iphone 6 with Verizon Wireless. They used to have a Pay as You Go plan, for 50 cents for each text sent from a ship (not IMessage) and 05 cents received. I haven't been able to find it anymore on their website. Does anyone know if it is still available?

Thank you.

My mom and I just got off the Getaway in February. We both have Verizon.

She went to Verizon before we left and got some plan and it came to $24 (she just texted me a pic of her bill).

I was able to call my dh/family while at the ports, she called my sister and we both used her phone for texting.

She sent pictures, used her internet to post pictures to her FB and we sent pictures to family.

Hope this helps.

If you have an iPhone and want to send someone a text that also has an iPhone, make sure you have the iConcierge app downloaded and wifi turned on. I discovered while on the Epic in January, that I could text anyone who had an iPhone for free even if they were back in the states. I left my iPhone on airplane mode the entire cruise. You can't send pictures and you can't text anyone that doesn't have an iPhone.

If you have an iPhone and want to send someone a text that also has an iPhone, make sure you have the iConcierge app downloaded and wifi turned on. I discovered while on the Epic in January, that I could text anyone who had an iPhone for free even if they were back in the states. I left my iPhone on airplane mode the entire cruise. You can't send pictures and you can't text anyone that doesn't have an iPhone.

You weren't texting. You were iMessaging. There is a difference because one uses wifi and one doesn't. You could do this by accident, not by design, so people can't count on it always working unless they have paid for and are connected to wifi. Sometimes there are "leaks", as you experienced.

You weren't texting. You were iMessaging. There is a difference because one uses wifi and one doesn't. You could do this by accident, not by design, so people can't count on it always working unless they have paid for and are connected to wifi. Sometimes there are "leaks", as you experienced.

Our daughter had the same "leak" on the Escape. Us samsung users were out of luck, but the Teen was able to text her friends back on the main land. ;p