Has anyone else booked Seaside for Dec 2018?

LisaLisa87

We booked the 12/22/18 sailing last week. This will be our first MSC cruise. I wanted to check prices for my parents a couple of days later and the 12/22 sailing was no longer showing on the web site. I checked again today and now I don't see any Seaside sailings for next December. Is this some sort of web site glitch, or has MSC pulled those sailings for some reason? I think we got a great price and am hoping our reservation is still intact!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just looked and I don't see any seaside sailing for my dates in march 2019 either. I'm thinking it's a glitch since that one won't be sold out.

Thanks for your response! Had you already booked a cruise for March 2019?

I just tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer, and I'm still not seeing any December 2018 Seaside sailings. Very strange. I guess I won't worry about it since I have an email confirmation of our booking. Just a little nervous as we got what seems like a great deal for the YC as well ($3900 for 3 in a YC1 for the Christmas sailing).

Edited by LisaLisa87

I just tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer, and I'm still not seeing any December 2018 Seaside sailings. Very strange. I guess I won't worry about it since I have an email confirmation of our booking. Just a little nervous as we got what seems like a great deal for the YC as well ($3900 for 3 in a YC1 for the Christmas sailing).

Called to check prices and the rep didn't have access to rates for Nov. 2018 onward.

Called to check prices and the rep didn't have access to rates for Nov. 2018 onward.

Interesting. I wonder why they pulled them? Guess I better call to make sure my reservation is OK.

Now when I was booking my march 2019 cruise, I noticed the taxes and fees looked off. When I priced the same cruise (same ports) form march 2018, the fees for the 4 of us were around $450. For 2019 they were $170. I only paid $43 for my youngest son. I'm wondering if it really was an error and they are fixing the prices?

If so I'm glad I booked when I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Now when I was booking my march 2019 cruise, I noticed the taxes and fees looked off. When I priced the same cruise (same ports) form march 2018, the fees for the 4 of us were around $450. For 2019 they were $170. I only paid $43 for my youngest son. I'm wondering if it really was an error and they are fixing the prices?

If so I'm glad I booked when I did.

Yes -- I'm glad I booked when I did as well... assuming they honor the price we paid! I called MSC today and spoke to a very nice vacation consultant. He said that all sailings after Nov 2018 have been temporarily closed for bookings. He wasn't sure why, but predicted they'd be back online soon. He said not to worry, that our reservation is in "perfect standing." We shall see!

Called MSC to confirm my booking for 12/22/2018 a 14 day cruise on MSC Seaside. The price has doubled. I travel solo and the price went from $1484 to $3059. They confirmed my booking. Glad I booked when I did.

Just checked MSC's site and the cost for 3 in a YC1 for the 12/22/18 sailing is now $7376. We're locked in at $3917. Yay!

That is great price you got for Christmas week. Someone screwed up this week at MSC and you did well.

Good to see all that booked are getting their confirmed booking rates. My November 3rd price stayed the same for YC1.

I also booked Dec 22 for 15 days and got a steal of a deal. I've called a few times confirming the reservation is still good at it's original price and it is.

It pays to book early and maybe a little luck was on our side.

I don't think we could ever find another great deal like this for a Holiday sailing.