boardwalk balcony allure drink package

does anyone have any experience with the included drink package when booking a boardwalk balcony on allure of the seas. Just booked this and was wondering if the souvenir cup that allows you to get soda at the coke freestyle machines is included or is it just soda at bar?

Wish I would have asked this before my first cruise on Oasis of the Seas back in Dec 2012. Got the alchohol package, but didn't know it included soda too. Never touched our souvenir cup for fear of being charged. Going on the Allure in May, will definitely be taking my cup this time.

Wish I would have asked this before my first cruise on Oasis of the Seas back in Dec 2012. Got the alchohol package, but didn't know it included soda too. Never touched our souvenir cup for fear of being charged. Going on the Allure in May, will definitely be taking my cup this time.

It doesn't pay to take your old cup. There is a microchip in the bottom of the cup that tells the machine you get the drinks. It"s only active for the current cruise not everyone you ever take.

We just recently had 4 aft Boardwalk cabins on HOTS and out of 8 cups only 3 worked...what a hassle...and often the machines didn't work...much easier to get soda's elsewhere and forget those cups...we also saw them sitting everywhere even left in the public restrooms.

We've collected enough of those stupid cups, so we just leave them shrink wrapped in the room for someone else and get sodas from a bar. I think at this point we've given those cups to just about every person we know, and even a couple to Goodwill. I wonder if they'd consider reactivating the chip in an old one in exchange for not opening the new ones. Probably one thing about cruising that bugs me is the amount of waste I see, with all the papers they deliver to the room, soda cups, etc.