Future cruise - transfer booking

Onboard Royal, when I last sailed, I booked a future Oasis cruise. I now want to change the Oasis cruise for a different Royal ship. The price of the cruise I now want is much cheaper on a web site as opposed to booking with Royal, otherwise I would just switch the original booking to the new one with Royal.

How do I book the new cruise, on a different ship, with the travel agent while keeping the obc from the Oasis booking? Should I assign the original booking with the travel agent and once that is done then switch to the new cruise?

Onboard Royal, when I last sailed, I booked a future Oasis cruise. I now want to change the Oasis cruise for a different Royal ship. The price of the cruise I now want is much cheaper on a web site as opposed to booking with Royal, otherwise I would just switch the original booking to the new one with Royal.

How do I book the new cruise, on a different ship, with the travel agent while keeping the obc from the Oasis booking? Should I assign the original booking with the travel agent and once that is done then switch to the new cruise?

If it has been more than 60 days since you made the booking, you cannot transfer it to an agent.

Before getting involved with a TA, I would call RC directly and have them make the new reservation while keeping the original booking number.

I have done this to change dates on a booking, not sure about changing ships, but might as well try.

After everything is straight with RC, then you can transfer to a TA.

I just easily did this with 3 place-holder cruises I booked on board HOTS before the new schedule was released. Couldn't have been easier to do and since one of my cruises is now 9 days instead of 7 I got an additional $50.00 OBC.