What to do in Nassau, Bahamas?

Peñarol

Hi, my wife and I will spend 7 hours in Nassau from noon to 7:00 PM and we like to know as much as possible.

What we must visit, beaches, places, restaurants, landmarks anything.

Rent a scoter, cab or take a tour.

Thanks

I enjoy Blue Lagoon in Nassau, have gone there many times. I also enjoyed the Ardastra Gardens and Zoo, actually walked there from the ship a few times. If you choose to go there you will be passing a free beach on the way(Jankanoo Beach), so you can do two things that day.

Hi, my wife and I will spend 7 hours in Nassau from noon to 7:00 PM and we like to know as much as possible.

Thanks

A few years ago, my wife and I used Frommer's walking tour. Just go to Google and type in " frommer's nassau walking tour."

Blue Lagoon is amazing! We have done the excursion several times and it's a great beach day, especially when the ship doesn't make it to the private island. It's a very nice boat ride out to the island. The island is extremely clean and they provide plenty of lounge chairs, hammocks, and rafts for hanging out in the water. There's also a great lunch that's included with live music provided under a covered pavilion. You can watch the dolphins frolic right alongside the dock and walk along several paths that lead to other small untouched beach areas that are great for photos.

Thanks

Visit the rum distillery! It is an easy walk from the port! I reviewed it here:

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/07/nifty-nassau-activity-visit-john.html

Blue Lagoon is amazing! We have done the excursion several times and it's a great beach day, especially when the ship doesn't make it to the private island. It's a very nice boat ride out to the island. The island is extremely clean and they provide plenty of lounge chairs, hammocks, and rafts for hanging out in the water. There's also a great lunch that's included with live music provided under a covered pavilion. You can watch the dolphins frolic right alongside the dock and walk along several paths that lead to other small untouched beach areas that are great for photos.

Its the opposite for me, love the Blue lagoon but truly hate the boat ride. The non stop loud music(roundtrip) is something I do not enjoy, but I tolerate it because I enjoy the blue lagoon.

As for the small untouched beach areas, that is the reason why I go there(blue Lagoon) in the first place. That is where I choose to spend all my time. So quiet, barely any people there at all, very peaceful.

I would Google "walking tour Nassau" like others have suggested if history/culture is your thing. There are plenty of sights within walking distance of the port, and you'll be able to find several guides for self-guided tours. I've really enjoyed a few snorkeling excursions I've done in Nassau. If you got on an early snorkel tour, you would have plenty of time to explore the town. I've never done it, but I hear good things about the Blue Lagoon. Free beach closest to port is Junkanoo, which is a nice beach. There are other free beaches - Cable, Cabbage - that require transportation to. Nassau has a lot for first-time visitors, so it really all depends on how you would like to spend your day.