Internet

jgmpuma

My wife and I have not cruised since 2009, fir a bunch of reasons, and I know that a lot has changed. We are booked on the Dream leaving two weeks from Sunday.

I see references to a HUB app. Can someone explain this? We would like to keep in touch with family at home and receive and send emails. How do we sign up for this?

Thanks in advance.

Google carnival hub and carnival does a nice job describing their internet options and app. Just got off sunshine a couple weeks back and found the ship's connection to be very adequate while at sea for email and social. I also opted for travel pass through Verizon. Was $10 a day for international service and only billed if you used it while in port. It came with enough data to stay connected without extra charges. Also, if you go to Puerto Rico. That's a day in the us and your standard plan should apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I have not cruised since 2009, fir a bunch of reasons, and I know that a lot has changed. We are booked on the Dream leaving two weeks from Sunday.

I see references to a HUB app. Can someone explain this? We would like to keep in touch with family at home and receive and send emails. How do we sign up for this?

Thanks in advance.

The HUB app and internet access (which you will need to contact home) are two different things.

The HUB app can be installed at any time. Once on board, you will follow the directions in the app to connect to the wifi network. The app will give you access to ships maps, daily activities, spa reservations, etc. For an additional $5 per device, you can enable the chat feature to chat with others on the cruise.

To connect with home the way that you want (email) would require the value package at $16 per day (there is a discount if you purchase for the entire cruise). To enable, you simply attach to the wifi network and attempt to access the internet. A pop-up will come onto your device where you will select which package you want, enter your folio number, and away you go.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/~/carnivals-wi-fi-service-and-hub-app