NCL Getaway CPH Disembarkation Questions

nt13

Our experience at Oceankaj. We had a 12:20p flight and an 8 am disembarkation time, so about 30 more minutes than you. We were on the Disney Magic. There was 6 of us. During the cruise, we decided to book the Disney transportation rather than take taxis.

We were close to the front of the line to leave the ship. I think we lined up about 7:45a. We were in the first bus. And it fills quickly, so should be no problem filling for those first few buses as there are other passengers wanting to leave early. We had our luggage with us and skipped breakfast. (I think we had room service.)

It wasn't so chaotic at CPH for us. Crowded, but lines were moving. We arrived at our gate between 10 and 10:30, can't remember. So it took us about 2-2.5 hours. It was a weekday, Wednesday I think. The ship did dock at 7am, but we weren't allowed off until 8am, which was the published disembarkation time.

As an aside, it was pouring rain when we left, so we were glad to not have to wait in the taxi line outside. We heard there are sometimes lines. There was a short line on our last day, not bad, but wet. Our cruise was dry except for that last day!

We're also on the Breakaway this June 7th with a Saturday disembarkation at 7am. We also have a 10:50am flight (British Airways to London). Planning on walking off with bags and catching a cab for my family. Hoping having Haven will help with being off early. Curious where the taxi stand will be so we don't make a mess of going the wrong way?

Hopefully it won't be so chaotic at the airport this year.

The central security has just been expanded this february and the expansion between pier A and B will de done this June, hopefully this will help with slot of the pressure.

However the lines to pier C can be long as this is where all flights to outside Europe (also UK) departs from.

The bottleneck here is the passport check that can take a little bit long as every passports has to be checked in a scanner and it takes around 20 second per passport.

I hope all of you disembarking Breakaway will come back after your cruise and advise those of us cruising later in the year - September for us, on the dos and don'ts of getting from the port to the airport!

Thanks in advance!