Thanks to all of you on this Board

acwmom

My husband and I have decided that we really don't enjoy the mega ships, and aren't really interested in sailing to the Caribbean again. We have now done four river cruises, and love them, but also want to see other parts of Europe. We loved Venice when we were there a few years back, and we also want to visit the Adriatic coast and Greece.

Someone on the river cruising boards suggested Viking Ocean as a possibility, and after reading several posts here, and talking to my TA (and Peregrina, offline) we decided to book the Italian Sojourn cruise from Rome to Venice next March.

Any and all advice is welcome.

Looking forward to a new experience!

Robin

Robin, we have done 16 river cruises and also do not like the mega ships. We just did the maiden voyage on the Viking Sky and loved it. We will definitely cruise again on a Viking ocean ship.

There is so much similarity to the way Viking runs the river cruises and the ocean cruises. You will feel like you are on a big river boat :D.

Robin, we have done 16 river cruises and also do not like the mega ships. We just did the maiden voyage on the Viking Sky and loved it. We will definitely cruise again on a Viking ocean ship.

There is so much similarity to the way Viking runs the river cruises and the ocean cruises. You will feel like you are on a big river boat :D.

Sharon, that's exactly what I wanted to hear! While we haven't been on a Viking river cruise, we really do enjoy the river cruise experience.

Robin